Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Like, Tom just gave Hing’s best man speech, I’m pretty sure they’re good. Plus, when you base your entire public comedic rapport on verbally bullying one another mercilessly, you have to expect blowback at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
At the end of the day Dave is a shockingly good DM to wrangle this bunch of idiots while telling a halfway decent story. Baston’s song didn’t hit the same as when he sang I’m the Best in season 4 (?) but was still extremely good and well worth it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SpacePig posted:

I think Big And Juicy Cabbages happens in the same episode where the Friends all almost die trying to put out a fire Dave never intended for them to interact with. That's pretty high up there for me.

The context is that Hing is a comedian and was making a joke that didn't land because he still can't read a room.

Depends on which fire, they set numerous that season! I mention it because my fave is their dealing with one such fire in Vantage, city above the lizard marsh, wherein by trying to deal with the forest fire they previously set they subsequently nearly kill several party members on a side trip Dave never intended and entirely irrelevant to the plot. Either that or the original fuckasuckadingdong, or the crocodile pit, so many options

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
There’s also the latest Hobba and Hung, which features a spontaneous call to the delightful and cripplingly stoned Tom Cardy,

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m certainly curious about what’s likely to be a bit of a tonal shift, Dave plays the straight man well and does quite a good job of turning the gang’s bullshit into a story. I think of Edan DMing and I remember the time he did a Christmas show and couldn’t think of what to do so he just started singing “it’s combat” over and over. Should be a journey!