Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Rip Testes posted:

That little seal yapping beside Chewbacca.

porg! I'm buying ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I like that Kylo and Rey are stronger than Yoda

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

bagrada posted:

Not to worry the last 45 minutes is a single take continuous shot of Luke jedi rampaging through the first order headquarters killing all the bad guys. Disney wants to clear the slate so that episode 9 can be Talladega Nights with pod racing.

a shot for shot remake of the end of hard boiled but with lightsabers instead of shotgun+rifle

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. So you can kinda through cultural osmosis decide you know and like princess leia because she's been in the cultural consciousness for 40 years. But the newest movies haven't had time to sink in and aren't likely to be huge cultural touchstones because they didn't kick off a franchise or invent the big sci-fi blockbuster.

also they were insanely forgettable

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PostNouveau posted:

K cool. I thought they were just getting to like, max speed and staying there, but I guess a chase where they're constantly accelerating makes sense.

yeah they approach relativistic speed which explains how rey had time to train, go visit snoke, then find them on the planet. what was a few hours for poe was weeks for rey and finn

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

Star Wars has never done the effects of time dilation. Ever. That at least is consistent.

they've also never rammed a ship through another at hyperspace speed
or had cloaks

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 18, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Muppetjedi posted:

I had the same issue with the first half of Rogue One. Jynn, Donnie Yen and .... guy with the machine gun mow down stormtroopers so effortlessly, it was really dull.

Machine gun guy kills vastly less Stormtroopers after going beast mode than he does while not trying the rest of the movie it's hilarious

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Blood Boils posted:

Anything more complicated than a blaster is a person. Like Jabba's doorbell-peephole is full of attitude!

That doorbell has more personality than rey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The MSJ posted:

The "still editing" part is probably more if an Abrams thing. I remember he did it for his other movies.

I don't remember who, but I heard of a director who finishes editing his movie the same day as its premier.

Wong kar wai did that for 2046