Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
That little seal yapping beside Chewbacca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

What all is being re-purposed from ESB?

Finn in the recovery pod is akin to Luke in the bacta tank.
Luke as Yoda doing the training bit on a watery world.
Walkers taking on a rebel base with a giant blast door on a white world.
Hard to tell, but looks like Kylo Ren is pulling a 'join me on the dark side' Vader moment with Rey.
Luke saying 'this is not going the way you think'a possible admonition to Rey jetting off before completing her training.
That bit where it looked like Rey was suspended and being tortured hearkens back to the Han Solo torture scene.

Additions/corrections?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

- The film is opening on the First Order discovering the Resistance base and the Resistance are forced to evacuate
- Introduction of a Super Star Destroyer
- Kylo extending his hand to someone seems like a parallel with "join me and we'll put an end to this destructive conflict"

Thought the Dreadnought appearance could be a throwback to the Super Star Destroyer but didn't know how much of a reach that might be. Seems perhaps not much of one.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

So the Porgs hang out on Luke's little island. Does he feast on them?