Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Shooting Blanks posted:

That guy has already been fired.

He should be firING, his sidearm. Into his own skull

Just like all cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shooting Blanks posted:

yeah, turns out when you shoot a 9 pound dog on camera for no reason it's a fireable offense but do the same thing to a black guy and they promote you after a nice paid vacation

all cops are bastards

poke holes in all of them

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Professor Bling posted:

yeah, turns out when you shoot a 9 pound dog on camera for no reason it's a fireable offense but do the same thing to a black guy and they promote you after a nice paid vacation

all cops are bastards

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My ex asked me to watch her dog this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

*buys gun*

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Professor Bling posted:

all cops are bastards

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Shooting Blanks posted:

Which is why, whenever possible, film every cop that interacts with you. Otherwise, he might've come up with some thin blue line story about how he had to do it with his brothers in policing.

It's waaay less likely to kill anybody, but you see this same behavior with taser use. As in, using violent force not to stop violent force, but to punish someone who is being rude or not complying with unnecessary demands.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Chichevache posted:

I'm gonna have a baby with in January and my job will pay for me to take almost half the year off.

Congrats, I don't know if your bragging about your kid or your job but I'm happy for both.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I would also like to thank all the police who didn't shoot that dog, keep it up.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

drilldo squirt posted:

Congrats, I don't know if your bragging about your kid or your job but I'm happy for both.

I'm happy that I'm being given the opportunity to take care of my new family by this job. Everyone in America should have it as good.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Chichevache posted:

I'm happy that I'm being given the opportunity to take care of my new family by this job. Everyone in America should have it as good.

You post strange, like you're using your customer service voice at a party or something. Is that a cop thing?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Quit bragging about being paid for work :mad:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Motherfucker posted:

You post strange, like you're using your customer service voice at a party or something. Is that a cop thing?

Sir, I would appreciate it if you would step out of the vehicle so we could have a conversation.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Sir, I would appreciate it if you would step out of the vehicle so we could have a conversation.

Make sure you ask "Is there anything else I can do for you"? after you shoot them or you'll get written up for poor citizen/customer service

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Chichevache posted:

I'll get you back on the road real quick. Hang out over here with my partner for a minute.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Alms for the poor :(

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
x-post from gbs

lolll

It always seems like young or middle aged folks are all FTP but I guess the olds can have their reasons too

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Shep posted:

I am. And there isn't. At least not to the extent that would require a national protest to address it. I know the new hip and cool thing is to claim systemic racism in criminal justice, education, housing, politics, elections, business, and every other American institution in an effort to destabilize and deligitimize their functions. But it's all based on bullshit. Sorry, a few cops being acquitted Nationwide for some very high profile and politicized encounters driven by the media and agitators with an agenda isn't proof of "muh systemic racism!"

I guess here comes another probation for wrong think.

How has his piece of garbage not been permabanned for blatant bigotry?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

steinrokkan posted:

He pays Lowtax for ban protection.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Hey, perma's don't make money. But maybe he should just be banned once a week and see how many times he pays :10bux: out of deference to authority

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just noting that was posted before my tenure and The Shep isn't exactly welcome here.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Shep has value as an exotic pet. Kinda like an rear end in a top hat snapping turtle.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Shep has no value full-stop. To either this sub forum or to society in general.

When folks like me say that cops should get their house in order we’re referring to people like him.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Vahakyla posted:

Shep has value as an exotic pet. Kinda like an rear end in a top hat snapping turtle.

I actually had a snapping turtle as a pet when I was a kid. I caught it when it was about the size of a half dollar & kept it in an aquarium, feeding it ham and table scraps and poo poo. My mom made me release it when it got to be about 5 inches across because she was pretty sure it was going to take a finger off someone before too long. Can confirm it was a pretty much an rear end in a top hat.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Shep has no value full-stop. To either this sub forum or to society in general.

When folks like me say that cops should get their house in order we’re referring to people like him.

Yeah, sure. I'll plant a gun on him and shoot him in the back or something.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that'd work, yeah

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Shep got a lot of mileage out of challenging Karo to a fight.

Also I asked him to buy me a Trump hat and he did lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

I actually had a snapping turtle as a pet when I was a kid. I caught it when it was about the size of a half dollar & kept it in an aquarium, feeding it ham and table scraps and poo poo. My mom made me release it when it got to be about 5 inches across because she was pretty sure it was going to take a finger off someone before too long. Can confirm it was a pretty much an rear end in a top hat.

We also had a pair of snapping turtle as kids. (We had a lot of weird animals including llamas, snakes, birds, iguana, turtles, tortoises, salamanders, etc).

They got pretty big, as we had it in a 50 gallon tank. They lived with two catfish that they never hosed with, instead eating goldfish feeders we got them which made the aquarium look like we dropped glitter inside.

One week the eldest, biggest catfish started to swim funny, generally didn't look well. That's when the turtles went from never caring about the catfish to devouring it overnight.

Anyway, that's my snapping turtle story, and Shep is an idiot.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

steinrokkan posted:

We don't permaban over rapant "otry"s here.

Lucky you.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 20, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Why dance around the word, friend?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Victor Vermis posted:

We don't permaban over rapant "otry"s here.

Lucky you.

Thus, this is a safe space for cowboy crooners.

Geneotry

:clint:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1088880893471551488

Cop picked to head up investigation into clash between antifa and far-right extremists sought access to only antifa social media accounts, and not the accounts of any of the neo-nazis. He recommended zero charges against any of the rightwing guys holding knives on video after the stabbings of several antifa protesters, because he couldn't be sure any one of them was "solely" responsible. So I guess if you wanna stab people, have a friend help. He recommended charges against 100 antifa members; prosecutors decided to actually go after 3.

quote:

Ayres concluded: “I was unable to specifically place Punneo as solely responsible for any specific injuries on those protestors.”

Ayres recommended no charges for Punneo but did urge a litany of felony charges against the three stabbing victims. The CHP later interviewed Punneo in jail after his arrest for an unrelated allegation of domestic violence. One man on the white supremacist side is now facing charges, but not for the stabbings.

Punneo could not be reached for comment.

German, the former FBI agent and a Brennan Center fellow, said Ayres’ language was alarming: “That word ‘solely’ is carrying a lot of water to try to protect these people from responsibility.”

Ultimately, Ayres did not recommend charges for any of the far-right men for the stabbings. Ayres did recommend criminal charges against all 100 counter-protesters he identified, including eight stabbing and beating victims and those not accused of any violence.

Porfirio Paz, Michael Williams and Yvette Felarca were involved in the counter-protest at the rally in Sacramento. Photograph: Sam Levin for the Guardian
Prosecutors ultimately chose to charge three anti-fascists: Yvette Felarca, a 48-year-old Berkeley teacher and well-known leftwing organizer, and two indigenous activists, Michael Williams, 58, and Porfirio Paz, 21.

:thunk:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1088880893471551488

Cop picked to head up investigation into clash between antifa and far-right extremists sought access to only antifa social media accounts, and not the accounts of any of the neo-nazis. He recommended zero charges against any of the rightwing guys holding knives on video after the stabbings of several antifa protesters, because he couldn't be sure any one of them was "solely" responsible. So I guess if you wanna stab people, have a friend help. He recommended charges against 100 antifa members; prosecutors decided to actually go after 3.

:thunk:

How many cops are gonna recommend coworkers for charges?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Hopefully he gets ganked in prison

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Don't play with guns. Gawd...geeze..wtf

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/26/688998177/fatal-end-to-an-alleged-game-of-russian-roulette-for-st-louis-police-officer

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

There is zero percent chance this is what happened lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Regular Nintendo posted:

I was going to say this was 100% a lover's quarrel, but then there was the surprise reveal at the end. The shooter is a Male cop with a boyfriend. lmao. I guess he could be bi, but still.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Regular Nintendo posted:

Are you suggesting that the a cop lied about shooting someone?

e: gently caress this bitch

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/entertainment/dmx-released-from-prison/index.html

quote:

DMX was released from a federal prison Friday, a spokesperson for the Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed to CNN.

The rapper was released from Gilmer Federal Correctional Institution in Glenville, West Virginia, the spokesperson said.
DMX was arrested in 2017 after federal prosecutors in New York say he concocted a multi-year scheme to hide millions in income from the IRS and skirt $1.7 million in existing tax liabilities.
"While raking in millions from his songs, including his 2003 hit 'X Gon' Give it to Ya,' DMX didn't give any of it to the IRS," Acting U.S. Attorney Joon H. Kim said in a statement at the time.

It was just the latest legal issue for the rapper, who has had frequent run-ins with the law since he first made his debut in 1998 with the album "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot."
He has been arrested before on multiple charges, including drug possession and animal cruelty, and in 2010 was sentenced to a year in prison for violating terms of his probation.

FREEDOM AIN'T FREE

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 27, 2019

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

My favorite was when he impersonated a federal agent to basically carjack someone.

quote:

DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, 33, and a man police identified as Jackie Hudgins, 41, were charged with attempted robbery, criminal mischief and criminal impersonation because they pretended to be federal agents, airport spokesman Tony Ciavolella said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DMX's life is basically the gritty reboot version of Wesley Snipes if you replace kicking with rapping.