Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1088880893471551488

Cop picked to head up investigation into clash between antifa and far-right extremists sought access to only antifa social media accounts, and not the accounts of any of the neo-nazis. He recommended zero charges against any of the rightwing guys holding knives on video after the stabbings of several antifa protesters, because he couldn't be sure any one of them was "solely" responsible. So I guess if you wanna stab people, have a friend help. He recommended charges against 100 antifa members; prosecutors decided to actually go after 3.

:thunk:

This is the kind of thing that makes me distrust police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1088880893471551488

Cop picked to head up investigation into clash between antifa and far-right extremists sought access to only antifa social media accounts, and not the accounts of any of the neo-nazis. He recommended zero charges against any of the rightwing guys holding knives on video after the stabbings of several antifa protesters, because he couldn't be sure any one of them was "solely" responsible. So I guess if you wanna stab people, have a friend help. He recommended charges against 100 antifa members; prosecutors decided to actually go after 3.

these people deserve every bullet they get

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Murder is bad.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Man super glad I'm not a officer though do not think i could cover for those guys which would cause them to harm me which then would be covered up by other officers.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Tell me a story when 1 of y'all did this with no intention of making an arrest

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Could you imagine the amount of paperwork and bullshit he'd have to put up with? Not to mention getting them all for whatever it was they were doing, probably simple trespass? Hard to tell without context.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I've definitely told some people if they run I wouldn't chase them. They never ran but I was being serious.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
A buddy in Parks Police said he and some locals who backed him up caught a bunch of kids (late teens, early 20s) in an old abandoned building that had never been abated for asbestos. All the kids and all Officers and vehicles had to get decontaminated. Was a giant clusterfuck, had to call the kids parents to bring clothes for the kids because all their clothes had been exposed to asbestos fibres in the air that they kicked up while walking through the building. Officers had to get all their stuff decontaminated, plus the interior of their vehicles.

Sometimes an arrest isnt worth the headache.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grem posted:

I've definitely told some people if they run I wouldn't chase them. They never ran but I was being serious.

Not a cop but I'd definitely do this if I caught someone doing a not-an-actual-crime. It's like, you don't want to get arrested, I don't want to do arrest paperwork, go away and we both win.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not a cop but I'd definitely do this if I caught someone doing a not-an-actual-crime. It's like, you don't want to get arrested, I don't want to do arrest paperwork, go away and we both win.

I do this every time I work.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
wrong thread!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/cjciaramella/status/1094301559096266752?s=20

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Wait you can get that for FREE?!

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't joke about the Russian Mascot Mafia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrc5E5CsTB0

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/jkotinek/status/1094232614658064386?s=21

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Of course the school district in Texas has its own police force. Of course it does.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

shame on an IGA posted:

Of course the school district in Texas has its own police force. Of course it does.

This is actually very common in Texas, both for school districts and universities. Offhand, University of Houston, Rice, Texas Southern University, HISD (Houston) all have their own police departments with various interagency agreements.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Shooting Blanks posted:

This is actually very common in Texas, both for school districts and universities. Offhand, University of Houston, Rice, Texas Southern University, HISD (Houston) all have their own police departments with various interagency agreements.

I thought pretty much all public universities in all states had their own PDs.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Bored As gently caress posted:

I thought pretty much all public universities in all states had their own PDs.

Yea at least across the south

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Tbh large ISDs (like in TX) having a PD probably makes some sense since the school districts can cross multiple county/city/town police jurisdiction lines and staffing local SRO's, creating aid agreements, different local in-school policies, etc. could potentially be a mess. Easier to just have the SRO's work for the school system PD.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

beanieson posted:

Yea at least across the south

Midwest too

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, all large universities here in WI have their own police department for the most part. That actually makes sense when your campus has 20,000-40,000 people on it spread out over several square miles.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
So, anyone want to talk about that guy who was investigating a white supremacist stabbing people at a protest. But then instead tried to find ways to convict the people that were attacked by the white supremacists and made a complete embarrassment of himself and all officers while talking about this as a witness?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Or how, statistically, you would help this guy get away with doing this probably.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

drilldo squirt posted:

Or how, statistically, you would help this guy get away with doing this probably.

I am extremely woke and I try not to kinkshame.

drilldo squirt posted:

So, anyone want to talk about that guy who was investigating a white supremacist stabbing people at a protest. But then instead tried to find ways to convict the people that were attacked by the white supremacists and made a complete embarrassment of himself and all officers while talking about this as a witness?

He sounds like an rear end in a top hat, but I don't think he embarrassed me.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Statistically I’ve never helped a cop get away with anything and both those guys sound like assholes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Klien and Conroe (CISD) do to.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

beanieson posted:

Statistically I’ve never helped a cop get away with anything and both those guys sound like assholes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your sample size is way to low for a real understanding of police culture. However recent acts and behaviors and the toleration of such by police in many areas would make your point moot in any real statistical analysis of police criminality.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Chichevache posted:

I am extremely woke and I try not to kinkshame.

He sounds like an rear end in a top hat, but I don't think he embarrassed me.

I'm sorry to have to ask this but why do you think he was the one chosen to investigate this?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lmao NYPD smoked one of their own

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/one-new-york-police-officer-dead-another-wounded-after-apparent-n970866

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Eat poo poo

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah, all large universities here in WI have their own police department for the most part. That actually makes sense when your campus has 20,000-40,000 people on it spread out over several square miles.

I work at a university in the UK (I make coffee lol) and for security we have like six middle aged guys with hi-vis vests and economy mazdas

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

People dying, is not good.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'd go so far as to call it bad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm sorry to have to ask this but why do you think he was the one chosen to investigate this?

I couldn't do anything but speculate baselessly since I don't work there.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

Your sample size is way to low for a real understanding of police culture. However recent acts and behaviors and the toleration of such by police in many areas would make your point moot in any real statistical analysis of police criminality.

I think there's a lot more cops than you think there are.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Isnt the nypd a larger standing army than most nations have? Isnt it like 60k people just for inside nyc?

Edit: the nypd only has 20k less people than the entire aussie military.

Stravag fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 14, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
There's like 750-850k sworn police officers in the U.S, among 17k+ jurisdictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Grem posted:

I think there's a lot more cops than you think there are.

I think police have more rights than the rest of us and should be held to a standard where them facing consequences for abusing such, and it really bothers me when you all avoid addressing these issues on a whole in a public setting.