Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Eh, I still watch my City Name Sports Team every Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

We offer just about $5K under our nearest competitors. Not bad considering we offer take home cars, which they don't. It goes a little sideways when you get in to experience level compensation. We don't have a salary table with steps, so getting raises is sometimes like winning the lottery. If I worked for a neighboring jurisdiction I'd be making $14.5K more a year per their salary scale at this point. That certainly has an affect over time.

Don't be hatin' :smuggo:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Woof Blitzer posted:

Got my shield today after 8 months of poo poo :q:

Nvidia is really that far behind on orders?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I hit 9 years earlier this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...8ff4_story.html

Name which poster you think this is.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 19, 2017

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I've been waiting for a take home vehicle for about 6 months now. I was just informed today that I may finally be getting one.

It's a pimped out conversion van... awwwww yeah. :cool:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

uncle w benefits posted:

e: would love the audio to this ^^^

https://twitter.com/Lizzleeeee/status/951649331970527232

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Fire Emblem Heroes 4 Life

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Chopstix posted:

There is a furry convention that needed two overtime slots for 8 hours friday and saturday night for $75 an hour.

There’s no price for my dignity even though I am an OT whore (I am also on light duty)

I dont think the officers who signed up know what they are getting themselves into.

The last time they came there was a call for a stabbing in which a girlfriend woke up to her boyfriend banging some other guy and she got jealous........ so her boyfriend mysteriously “fell” on a knife several times (not a covered relationship though)

Scrub

miss you bby

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Smiling Jack posted:

Oh hey this thread still exists

Lies

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

4x 10's with a 3 day weekend every week is boss.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Midjack posted:

Let the bass hit you.

Drop the bass

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I'm still here. I'm in a cyber unit that does a lot of child exploitation investigation support, so I either shitpost or play video games to keep sane. I purposely avoid alcohol as I don't want it to be a coping mechanism and I dont want to be the sterotypical drunk cop who has seen things.

Realtalk: When I was in patrol, it wasn't too difficult to talk to spouse/family/friends about my experiences. I'd usually change up some facts, do a little sanitizing, etc. But with what I do now? Hahaha no.

For what it's worth, we have mandatory mental health evaluations and I participate freely in them.

Edit: Arc Light's and Beanison's posts are excellent.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I vote for TheSoldier.