Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The Shep posted:

Remember when this thread wasn't a D&D infested dumpster fire?

What? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

God The Commish was such a great show.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Like, running cadences? I think the Army sings when they march, but I was a Marine, and we only sing when we run. I only know one funny one, but keep in mind nothing is funny when running. Because running sucks.

Me and Superman got in a fight;
hit him in the head with Kryptonite.
I hit him so hard that I smashed his brain;
and now I'm dating Lois Lane.

Me and Batman had it out too;
I kicked him in the head with all my might.
I kicked him so hard I smashed his grill;
and now I'm driving that Bat-Mobile.

Me and the Hulk went blow for blow;
but I like green so I let him go.
And I know you heard about a guy named Flash;
when I caught him on the track I kicked his rear end.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Also,
Napalm sticks to kids

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Remember that reservist who walked up to a handcuffed dude and capped him, then was all like "oops"? Reserve officers everywhere should be fired or hired. Part time doesn't cut it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

Those weren't tactics, that was a sociopath playing Simon says with a AR15. He should be in jail.

Two people yelling instructions and one is just gonna shoot you no matter what. Good luck!

This was the guy's rifle, people like him are why I ran screaming from the field.

Shima Honnou posted:

What we don't see is what retarded bullshit is on the other side, because custom idiot parts for rifles are common as poo poo and all of them have crap on both sides. My bet is Punisher skull.

Grem fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 8, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Two of our officers got in a fight with a dude 20 years ago, or something like that. A cop from another agency saw it, ran in to assist, tased the man, and he died in our custody due to someone else's taser. :doh: Guess who paid out in the lawsuit?

Your pension plan.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Resisting a merchant? Skyrim mods are getting out of hand.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just put a drat pot over their head and you can take whatever you want.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

In the town I live in motors are 100% traffic cops and the biggest dick bags. Where I worked they mostly patrolled the walking mall and broke up fights and arrested maybe like 2 people a year. The ones where I live ride little crotch rockets. The ones where I worked ride Harleys.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Woof Blitzer posted:

Doublepost ftw... I have an explorer ride-along today. I hope there’s a pursuit.

Please don't gently caress the explorer

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

But then how would he feel persecuted as a white male cop lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I miss the W Bush days where we'd get illegals at the gate at Quantico, call up ICE and the conversation would basically be

"Hey ICE, we have a few undocumented with fake id's, cited ready for you to pick up"

"Uh...how many?"

"We have x"

"Uh, call us when you have x+1, cite and release"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Yea, can't say that I ever encountered that in my super huge department.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't think that guy who does the uppercut is a cop. He runs away first at the end, right?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

This is only the second or third most embarrassing way Bernard has ended a relationship.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Reign Of Pain posted:

Why do you guys like this job again? Jesus christ....he moves her camera and then POLICE BRUTALITY!!!! POLICE BRUTALITY!!! :supaburn:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=C6NyM_1539809194

:allbuttons:

Lol I know that guy and yea, he's the coolest headed guy in DPD I'm pretty sure. The younger guy at the beginning used to show me pictures of his cat all the time.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What's the question again?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm interested in the internal response in the police community about all these white supremacist officers but I also heard police forms are storefront level racist which, honestly makes me want to read them, but also very worried about my general safety and kinda depressed about the limitations these types of things have put on what areas I can live in this country

I think white supremacists in policing is bad.

If one of my coworkers mentioned posting on a police forum that's a pretty big red flag that I want to stay the gently caress away from them.

You should move wherever you want and run for local office, hopeful you can make a positive change. If you feel like you aren't up for that, raise your children right and hope that you impart that sense of activism and civic responsibility and then create a political dynasty or something.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I was assuming drilldo squirt is not a police officer so I did not give suggestions as to what he, as a police officer, could do. People should be encouraged to make whatever change they can. Are you a police officer? Would you like advice as to how you could be an agent of change in your local district?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Not sure what to tell ya, bud. Police work is hosed up, attracts hosed up people. If there were an easy way to get all the hosed up people out of positions of power in the law enforcement that would be great. Then maybe the hosed up people at lower levels can go.

I've honestly never been the type to think "I'm so frustrated at x as a whole, I'll go vent at some people who do x as a living!", but I understand the feeling.

Let me ask you an honest question, because I'm genuinely curious. One day a coworker came in to the locker room and complained about the proposal for putting Harriett Tubman on the $20 bill. He started with "can you believe they're putting a WOMAN on a $20 bill?". Someone said that they had heard about it, and he continued "and it's a BLACK woman!". What should I, as a third party to this conversation but obviously concerned about this man's mentality, do about this?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

I would tell him I think that's racist and not budge from that point if they start whining about you not agreeing with them. But I don't think something like that is worthy of being reported. If he talks about like harassing people over it yeah, otherwise just let him know what you think of it.

Interesting. This event is what drove me to quit policing. I did my best to inform him of the history behind Andrew Jackson being on the $20, Harriett Tubman's importance, and yea, calling him a racist. Now I teach middle school social studies. I'm a lot happier about my coworkers now, and probably actually doing some good in the world...hopefully.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

ASAPI posted:

drat, I was hoping this would have been the new focus. I want to hear what they think as well.

Recruit from the antifa front lines.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

My ex asked me to watch her dog this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

*buys gun*

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Shep got a lot of mileage out of challenging Karo to a fight.

Also I asked him to buy me a Trump hat and he did lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I've definitely told some people if they run I wouldn't chase them. They never ran but I was being serious.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Wait you can get that for FREE?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

Your sample size is way to low for a real understanding of police culture. However recent acts and behaviors and the toleration of such by police in many areas would make your point moot in any real statistical analysis of police criminality.

I think there's a lot more cops than you think there are.