Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This thread is loving great and what I've been hoping someone would do for like the past two years of all this SC drama. Thanks dude!
Also,

ewe2 posted:

Here's a little song I wrote, you might want to learn it note for note, don't worry be happy

(I will be recording a new parody tonight hopefully when it's a bit cooler. It is very relevant right now)

Derek Smart was right.
So, so perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This thread continues to be the best thread.

e: post all the gifs :colbert:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
There have only been two VC posts this page anyway :confused:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
'When you read the Star Citizen thread, it feels like it'll never end. But however hard you try, you can't read it forever.
Everybody knows that everybody posts, and nobody knows it like Virtual Captain. But I do think that all the threads of all the subforums might just turn dark if he ever, for one moment, accepts it.

Everybody knows that everybody posts... but not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody posts at all.
Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and Virtual Captain comes to call...
...everybody PARPs.' :gary:

I've never gif'd before. And no I don't know why felt compelled to do this.

Source, for anyone who hasn't watched Doctor Who: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzeeAUeIOzc

...keep postin', VC.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 5, 2018

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
And lo the heavens did open, and star citizen posts did rain upon them, and they were sore afraid.

(thanks for including the legal stuff, it's one of the craziest parts of this whole neverending fiasco)

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I need to listen to more ARGcast, the bit I did hear was good

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I hope the whales' dinner is some kind of Monty Python-esque Mr Creosote disaster, metaphorically at least in terms of CRoberts' desire to feed them the most bullshit possible

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Poast

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Poast

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Awesome work as ever. Hot drat it looks like the wheels are so close to finally coming off for good..

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Thanks as ever VC.

Are those crazy strings of photoshops made by shitizens (I assume so)?

And what did Behaviour do on SC?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Poast

G0rf's videos are good

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
drat nice writeup of the legal action.

Probably more like 10/4 to crytek due to no punitive damages being a big loss.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

SpeakSlow posted:

Wandered over here from the Politics section of SA. Feels right at home alongside the Freep and RWM threads.

Has anyone written a book about this yet? This is a treasure trove of incompetence and grift and that's an opportunity to tell a way better story than Star Citizen could even dream of.

Great investigative work, goons.
Some day Derek Smart will write a book about this, which will just be a compilation of his infinitely long and infinitely incoherent and terrible blog posts. It will simultaneously be the longest single publication in history, and the worst.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

quote:

To whoever is driving people over at the Lorville Gates
Screw you, seriously. It takes a long time to get to Hurston and then having some douchebag drive over you because they think it's funny to waste other peoples time is horrible.
My god I hope this is a goon

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
There couldn't have been a more fantastic or fitting end to a year of star shitizen. Bravo for your continuing work, VC.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
That French article is amazing

Great work as ever VC.

Beginning of the year is always quiet time for SC as croberts and co come to the realisation that all the bullshit delaying tactics crap they promised they'd launch at the end of last year will never actually come to fruition

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Nickiepoo posted:

Guy on my company intranet just admitted to being 'Evocati and Concierge', that's like £1000+ right?

Is there a handy collection of 'this poo poo is broken' gifs that I can bust out any time he posts?

The alternate is having to explain to HR why 'Derek Smart' is a trigger word that we're no longer allowed to say in the office.
This genus compilation from Sarsaparilla has always been my favourite: https://youtu.be/Go1oFvxUoeI

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
drat. That is a good article. Although it feels like it cuts off 2/3rds of the way through the story - the stuff at the end of last year was so insane, the levels of depression among the community so palpable at this stage.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So presumably this is the annual long 'nothing happening' phase of Shart Citizen? When's the Next Big Thing supposed to happen? If I remember rightly they're not doing any shows this year so are we basically going to be waiting until the Citizencon or until legal news (or perhaps total project failure)?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Holy crap. Never thought I'd see this. It was always the theory (before he left) that he'd be the last one on the train, still waving some tasty morsels under the noses of by-then-non-existent wales...

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^holy crap they're still making that? loving love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
VC maybe you could start the new Recap thread in MMOHMO? A bit more out of the way than the main Games sub...