Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I've been seeing Star Citizen around on the Internet, but it seems like such a rabbit-hole clusterfuck I can't quite put my finger on it all. It looks like a highly enjoyable trainwreck to observe, and I want in on the show. Can someone do a TLDR of the whole thing?

From my understanding, it is a crowdfunded space game that is ambitious to the point of impossible, with lots of money thrown at it and still no completed product after years and years of development. And people pay money to buy spaceships? So, is there any kind of game that people are playing, or is it short tech-demo levels or what? Is there a huge community of people in denial still pumping money into a project that can't ever be completed? If it can't, why can't it? Is it a hilariously buggy mess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
That's awesome, thank you. The hardest part to believe is people spending thousands for some nonexistent pixels for a game that is forever in development. Is there any badwill towards them at all from backers, or are they all delusional?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Now that I have context, i've gone through the thread to see the highlights as kindly posted by the OP and this is awesome. I love a good trainwreck.