Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

gently caress everything else just give me Freespace 3 damnit

I wanted Starlancer 2 and instead we got Shitlancer: gently caress.

Thank you for this Thread mr.Captain, it's good to be able to keep up without having to wade through the poo poo directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Trilobite posted:

Does he post those on Spectrum?

I can't believe I didn't see how much sense this name makes before now.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is Derek still loving the chicken that is claiming to be Star Citizen's biggest enemy?

In fairness SC fans have also claimed this.

also rofl @ this username.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Wait those aren't all the same person?! Hahahahahahahahahaha

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Guy on my company intranet just admitted to being 'Evocati and Concierge', that's like £1000+ right?

Is there a handy collection of 'this poo poo is broken' gifs that I can bust out any time he posts?

The alternate is having to explain to HR why 'Derek Smart' is a trigger word that we're no longer allowed to say in the office.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, because having other people ask me about that cool game that Bob is talking about is easier on my psyche if I can just point at a gif and go 'what, you mean this broken crap?' rather than let him get his hooks into a poor sucker with a pretty jpeg.

It's a public service.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Perfect, thank you!

Also hahahaha I can't believe I have to share a building with this guy, yuck. Though like most goons, I'm in an industry where you should absolutely expect such.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
With all the context we have, that tweet is probably one of the saddest things I've ever read.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

communism bitch posted:

Is this the fat sex pervert stalker who used to moderate CIG's forums?

Yes, but he's also the ultimate Wing Commander superfan/Chris Roberts Stalker who was employed by CiG for that reason alone and this is 100% one of those 'never meet your heroes' moments.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Chocobo posted:

They could probably salvage this product by dropping the entire online component and just making the goddamned Freelancer 2 we all wanted in the first place.

Back when I backed I was happy enough for a coop Starlancer 2, now look at where the gently caress we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

henpod posted:

That's awesome, thank you. The hardest part to believe is people spending thousands for some nonexistent pixels for a game that is forever in development. Is there any badwill towards them at all from backers, or are they all delusional?

There was a strong contingent of goons supporting this game in its early days (myself included) before it became obvious that it was all going to turn to poo poo, after which most people either got refunds or forgot that the project existed and moved on with their lives.

Criticism and satire of the project has contributed to a real circling of the wagons from those who remained actively involved with it and while occasional cracks do show, traditionally anyone who isn't projecting cult-like reverence towards the project, even when pointing out it's obvious flaws, is slammed by the community.

I'm not saying that everyone with a continued positive interest in this project is a broke-brain who is treating it like a religion but the most visible community figureheads have done and they set the tone and optics for everyone else. While I'm sure that people have gotten sick of this bullshit along the way and vented it online there's been nothing close to a mass rebellion from actively engaged players and the game makes just enough 'progress' patch to patch to keep the majority faithful, seemingly.