Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Vanduuls!

Here's some re-ups:

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

That PTU meltdown quote is still the funniest loving thing ever :pgabz:

quote:

...holding F for inner thought to turn my ship on my head looked like it did some owl poo poo. Completely unhinged and started rotating. Finally got the ship on, then black polygons start popping out of my right hand...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I give this unto the thread...

Because 'tier zero' is memeing right now.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Terminally Bored posted:

What's the context for this?

Mining is poo poo, but they like it

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

lofi posted:

I can't see how CIG are going to get around the 'licensed for one game, made two' thing. SQ42 and SC are pretty blatently different games.

Because when SQ42 launches before Star Citizen it will launch from the Star Citizen launcher. Making it part of Star Citizen. Perfectly straightforward.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

lofi posted:

Does that mean all steam games are the same game? Mostly I'm swayed by the fact Skadden are involved, afaik they don't come out to play if they don't feel pretty confident of a big paycheck.

All Steam games are Epic games now. There's been a ruling.

CI(G) have actually covered their backs on this with their 'we haven't actually done the bad thing yet' defence. It's ingenious.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Just pick a gif from this thread no?

Here's a bonus one to show off the fidelity:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Alan Smithee posted:

is Lesnick even a thing there anymore

Not even in spirit

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/1137890175005143051

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Thirsty Dog posted:

A dev I know has said there’s a strong rumour the game is having to be remade in another engine due to the crytek thing. Is there any hint of this being true?

Posting from the future-past!

Uncle Agent sez...

TheAgent posted:

hello

• after many, many assurances that the crytek lawsuit would not proceed, chris & co are scrambling (no elaboration)
  • emails, contracts, recorded conversations and biz licences are being sent for review (legal review?)
  • Erin "extremely nervous" about outcome, although showing a "carefree attitude" around the office
  • "I know for a fact he doesn't want another Gizmondo on his hands. Once was enough."
  • aegis backer event: "Our goal was to be totally positive. We nailed it."
  • production on certain parts of the game are stopped completely until legal avenues are resolved
  • mostly that means engine and server improvements
  • this halt is scheduled to begin 9/3, but employees have known about it for some time
  • engine switch most likely in the cards, deep discussions about stadia/UE4 ongoing
  • "Anything made or built with CryEngine would be discarded and re-coded." including animations, models, maps, client and server side code, etc
  • "We'd have to redo a lot of work. It'd be worth it, because it's the only way forward."

Would be interesting to know your mate's source, if they can vaguely disclose :allears: