Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

If we start actual conversations in this thread, are we going to need a Star Citizen Thread Recap Thread Recap thread?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sure, but I wanted to point out to people that having actual conversations in this thread is probably counter-productive.

Yes, I know I put an image in here, my bad

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:patriot:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I thought sc was already doing that?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It's looked that way forever.

They're probably meant to fall off but the physics is broken.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

If I'd sunk the price of a new car into a computer game, I'd be pretty reluctant to give it up. I imagine a bigger danger than revolt is the feeling that 'I've done my share, now it's the turn of the people who weren't smart enough to buy in when I did'.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I really struggle to understand the mindset: Aren't they already (and irreplacably) the Most Important Fans by getting in early and being captains of space-industry?

Or, christ that must be a special hell, are you only a Most Important Fan as long as you keep pumping cash in, like some Sissyphian rock-pushing hell... Oh. The poor fuckers, they're the Jehovah's Witnesses except their best possible heaven is a good computer game.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Co$ rather than Jehovah's Witness? That's hardly an upgrade.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Hav posted:

I actually typed out everything they were asking for in discovery and it's amazeballs.

quote:

1) *.*

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, but iirc it was more that they couldn't understand why skadden hadn't said 'we are suing you for $300'. They might be more open to settlement once they've got CIG good and terrified, but so far they seem too stupid to realise how hosed they are.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Space titanic clipped into the iceberg and got stuck. They started spinning around each other then shot off into the sky.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I keep thinking 'nope, staying away from this thread, it's just gonna be SC eating it's own tail forever' but it keeps managing to find new ways to do it.

Eating it's own fail.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

quote:

Requirements:
Previous experience preferred but not required
Knowledge of general janitorial upkeep tasks
Able to converse clearly and professionally in English. Read and understand oral and written instructions in English; Bilingual Spanish a plus
This is a physical job that requires frequent crouching, kneeling, stooping, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (Up to 50lbs)

Subtle, CIG.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Well poo poo, 2/12 is more complete than SC, so I imagine the Citizens will be over the moon!

I'm surprised by no punative damages. Though I imagine the fees plus $$$ for discovery-forensics will be bad enough.

Hell, who are we kidding, CIG will go bust before this thing completes.

lofi fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 16, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh wow, how long before the death threats start hitting the judge? :magical:

e: It's about ethics in video game law

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=macU8G7At1A
:allears:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh, my bad, I meant to start at the highlight -
stolen from Gorf's link

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

jiggle physics confirmed. :wiggle:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

A citizen pilots, a goon obeys.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

At this point in the SC insanity, I'm willing to take that literally.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Schroedinger's Container Streaming

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

When is CitiCon or whatever it's called?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Private window says 10th Oct. My money's on a new spinoff of SQ42 that focuses on a hacking minigame involving matching three 'code icons' together in a line to solve that part of the hack and remove them from the play area. It'll crash repeatedly on the demo.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

NLJP posted:

I thought for a bit that the lol mines might have collapsed

Pfft, look at this noob ;)

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Nah, they'll keep pushing the court date back while they add more features.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

So fidelicious!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Demonic possession is now out of Tier 0! Progress!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Turns out, faces are real loving complicated, who knew?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Nah, crobert's married.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

What, I can't buy my own train to avoid waiting 5m? C'mon, CIG, your game's slipping.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That citicon stream is loving amazing, crob just can't manage to hide his annoyance at how poo poo the game is. Stuff he wants to show off doesn't spawn and he keeps bringing it up, and so on. Will crobs get banned for spreading fud?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

You'd think dropping 10k on sc would be shameful enough.

e: I want to play a findom in SC now.

lofi fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 16, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Is there an in-universe reason why the Space Simulation has speed limits on space ships?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Fan theory or Company theory?
Because neither are good.

Well obviously neither will be good, I know what subforum we're in. ;) I just wondered how CIG were handwaving 'yeah, we know we said it's a sim, but that's hard you guys'. Have they just not talked about it, then?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:eng99:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Isaac Newton posted:

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Gotta admit, those are some sweet looking jpegs. The racing one makes me nostalgic as hell for Wipeout, it had such good physics.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

You too, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

What does not live can never die.