Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

TheArchimage posted:

Do not attempt to keep pace with Nethilia's word count. That way lies madness and carpal tunnel.

Also I decided for this year I'll be writing fanfiction. So if anyone has been holding out on participating because they're afraid they'll end up as the biggest loser writing the worst garbage, have no fear. The position is taken.

Just checked out their stats. Pfff. Bring it on this year. I’m writing at least three books at 150,000 minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

melodicwaffle posted:

I'm really glad Stranger Things 2 came out last month because the soundtrack owns while still being atmospheric enough that it doesn't distract me too much. I'm writing something with a bunch of mythological creatures and monsters so it gets me in the right mood too. I've been looping the Nier Automata soundtrack for months now, so having something new for a change is nice too.

What do you all usually listen to for writing? Tone-setting music? Whatever you'd normally listen to when not writing? Cold, dead silence?

I have three playlists (so far). I also have a noice making app, with just rainfall, crickets, fire, that sort of thing.

I have a non words playlist , all soundtracks (including stranger things!) and Ambient style music. That’s my deep focus, if I’m having trouble playlist. I have one playlist it’s an hour and a half of pop and dance music if I’m dial down and going. And lastly, I have a 12 hour playlist of music that I enjoy that’s good for just mixing it up, On shuffle. The playlist also has songs the main characters in one of the romances I’m writing for Nano.

Word count update. 2000 so far, but it’s early in the afternoon. Hoping to get another 10,000 before I crash tonight.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

6,167 for day one. I’ll do better tomorrow

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Had a bad day. I’m at 10,000 so far. Only 4,000 today. Total slacker. I’ll pick up speed tomorrow

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mirage posted:

I don’t mind that the NaNo website sent me an encouragement email for hitting 5,000 words, but I hope it doesn’t do it every 5 grand.

It does

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

E Depois do Adeus posted:

I have 41500 words, a hosed up tropical disease, and nothing on my schedule for the next 36 hours other than sleep. Who's with me for for one final push?

I fell behind, and am at the same amount ish. Going to go to the gym, and then go finish this book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Final count, 55,000. Now waiting winners page to update so I can get Scrivener 3.0 for $25.00 :). I was on track for 150,000until my back went out for two weeks and I literally couldn’t get out of bed. That was rough. At least I won.

• Locked thread