Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
I managed to pull out a win a few days before the deadline last year with a pantser. This year I'm in with a plan, trying to rewrite a previous novel and get a decent second draft.

https://nanowrimo.org/participants/torny-zang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
For my current story I have two tastes: swing/jazz from around the 1920s or stuff that sounds like it, and a Norwegian alt-rock group called Kaizer's Orchestra. I tend to write in silence but those are great for setting the mood, and if I have music going while I write it can't have words in it. Way too distracting.

Already at about 1400 words. I'm on track to meet or beat last year's score on this day, which was 2k.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
5500 total so far. Not where I'd like to be but it's still on track so I can't really complain.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
Congrats! I know a few people here were using Nano to finish stuff like that.

I've just popped 9k total. Still ahead of the curve but not as far as I'd like to be, which is making me grumpy. I have an outline, I feel like I should be going a lot faster than this.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
I wrote a thousand words yesterday, using up my tiny buffer. I'm gonna have to really get cracking today if I want it back up.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
Just ran out of my cheat sheet of what I had planned, so now I actually have to do planning on what I'm going to write next. This is gonna hurt, and I really wish I had more of a buffer so I wouldn't have to worry.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
I wrote barely over 700 words today, and with how much I've been struggling to put words down I'm only at 18,400. Barely passing muster! I don't know why I've been having such a hard time, and it's really bringing me down.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
I keep the whole thing in a single document for ease of storage, although obviously the longer it gets the easier it is to break it up just so that it doesn't take forever to load. Use whatever makes you comfortable.

I've managed 2k for today so far, so I'm feeling a lot better about catching up from yesterdays abysmal 700 words.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?
I've given up. Might still try and write but it's been two days and I've been struggling to get out of a depressive slump, and I really don't think I'd be able to catch up at this rate. :emo:

ugh, what a lame snipe. Congrats to those of you ahead of the curve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

Was this life,
was this all?

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Word sprinting my rear end off to get passed the finish line. The last few pages of my NaNo book are basically "Here's all the cool poo poo I wanted to write but didn't get a chance to."

You mean "all the cool poo poo I'm going to write in December," right?

Facebook is reminding me of last year when I won. :goleft: Maybe next year I'll do it again. Congrats to all the people who did it!

• Locked thread