Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Amell is great in Heels for what its worth.

I also can't blame Gustin or any other actors left on this rotting corpse for bad acting. The storylines make no drat sense, the budget is a fraction of what it once was, the moment-to-moment dialogue is physically painful... there's only so much you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

the budget is a fraction of what it once was,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2FdIyI2BI

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Palpatine would be proud

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

UNLIMITED SPEED FORCE

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i'm so glad arrowverse poo poo is finally going to die. the formula they use has been worn out.

DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

How does it effect you in any way?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Why is the show randomly taking 2 weeks off?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

Why is the show randomly taking 2 weeks off?

Sweeps Force?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I hate American television scheduling.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Arrow's quality was all over the drat place, but when it was good it was GOOD.

And the final season was a ton of fun, including a fairly satisfying conclusion.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm unreasonably stoked to see Oliver again, why do I think the episode isn't going to live up to his return?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

OLIVER SAID THE THING! :neckbeard:

More seriously, the Flash part of the show was basically whatever, but dang Dig and Ollie getting to say goodbye was a hit in the feels :unsmith:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was SO happy to watch this episode, now if someone from Legends comes on to guest star, we'll have every original Arrowverse show making an appearance for the final season!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

I was SO happy to watch this episode, now if someone from Legends comes on to guest star, we'll have every original Arrowverse show making an appearance for the final season!

Technically Wally is a legends character.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

On the one hand, they made me watch 20 minutes of late season flash episode. Good lord.

On the other, I'm so happy they gave Dig and Oliver their due. The fact that Diggle never got to say goodbye to him in Crisis always felt unfathomably mean and a misstep. This was really, really lovely.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I have to say it really amuses me that Oliver is basically the god of the arrowverse now.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I have to say it really amuses me that Oliver is basically the god of the arrowverse now.

Now? Always has been.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Narcissus1916 posted:

On the other, I'm so happy they gave Dig and Oliver their due. The fact that Diggle never got to say goodbye to him in Crisis always felt unfathomably mean and a misstep. This was really, really lovely.

Yes! This!!!! Always bothered me in the Crisis. Glad they got real closure and say goodbye

Oliver still rules.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While we did get Oliver saying the line they really missed a moment when he grabbed the bow and failed to tell Barry to "suit up."

It was nice to get some closure with Oliver and also for Wally to actually make an appearance.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I really enjoyed that episode but man I laughed a lot at "I froze all the water in their bodies. Don't worry, they'll be okay."

Still, it was very nice to get some more Arrow and I admittedly let out a little cheer when the music sting hit.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Was so very irrationally happy when Dig threw up

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WhyteRyce posted:

Was so very irrationally happy when Dig threw up

It's not a crossover until Dig pukes.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's not a crossover until Dig pukes.

Fake edit: that was the best episode in a long time?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It would sort of be the most Legends thing if their only appearance in the end of the Arrowverse was a vocal cameo from Victor Garber.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Well it seems like the show is pulling its finger out of it’s rear end for the final arc.

edit: Just realised the Dr Stein phone call - isn’t that kinda a continuity error? Because by this point in time Dr Stein would have already met his older self due to legends shenanigans; he shouldn’t have reacted to Barry the way he did

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 4, 2023

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Speedforce

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They definitely put all their money into these episodes. It was nice to see original recipe Eobard again. I mean, I like Tom Cavanagh but Matt Letscher just brings something extra to the character.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I made this joke 4 years ago or whatever but just how many Barrys are hanging around the house when his mom was killed

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I still can't believe that Barry made the conscious choice to have his mom get killed that night instead...

And wow, this final season really is bringing back everyone from the Arrowverse. All we need now is Cisco and Captain Cold in order to get Flash bingo.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I guess knowing you only have a few episodes left is a good motivator, because these last few episodes have been a huge step up. Hell, this most recent episode was among my favorites from the entire show. Great character stuff, I loved seeing how Barry's relationship with Thawne has changed over time (and how Thawne can no longer get under Barry's skin like he used to), and it was great having some kind of closure between Barry and his parents.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

I guess knowing you only have a few episodes left is a good motivator, because these last few episodes have been a huge step up. Hell, this most recent episode was among my favorites from the entire show. Great character stuff, I loved seeing how Barry's relationship with Thawne has changed over time (and how Thawne can no longer get under Barry's skin like he used to), and it was great having some kind of closure between Barry and his parents.

I appreciate Barry very gently telling Thawne, I told you so at the end. Like, I know you'll never listen but exactly what I said would happen, happened, you can stop anytime you want.

edit: I missed the last couple seasons though, but it sucks that both the negative speedforce and the speedforce are just dicks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I just finished season 8. I watched Armageddon as it was coming out, and I didn't hate it, but didn't feel the need to finish the season. I finally got around to it in since there's only one more season, and I'm so close to 100%ing it.

Anyways, season 8 was sooo bad. Every subplot bobs in and out with no sense of real tension, just mysteries that keep piling on top of each other without really resolving. It was nice to see Robbie Amell though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This final story arc is batshit crazy, which is kinda the norm for this show lately; except it’s batshit crazy in the best possible way, which very much isn’t.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even though it was just part of his evil scheme I do think "Mark" had a point about Khione going too far when saving those people. She altered people biologically without their consent.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"Thawne" digging up his own grave while losing his mind, finding the grave empty, and then a red flash of lightning striking the headstone is basically exactly what I want out of comic book adaptation.

I don't know what's going to happen but it's cool as hell right now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this! posted:

Even though it was just part of his evil scheme I do think "Mark" had a point about Khione going too far when saving those people. She altered people biologically without their consent.

I mean hard to consent when you're dead.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That’s an idiotic argument. She made them green for a few minutes in exchange for them not dying.
Their reaction was ridiculously over the top as well.

If you’re going to argue she should have let them die instead of saving them because they weren’t in a position to consent to the changes you might as well make the same argument about any number of emergency procedures a doctor might perform in an ER on a patient that is unconscious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was a loving stupid solution to "having trouble breathing" by turning them into plant people. Like they didn't even try anything else.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It was a loving stupid solution to "having trouble breathing" by turning them into plant people. Like they didn't even try anything else.

She said it would wear off after a few minutes. They weren't changed for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
To be fair “I’m a god now so I’m abandoning my friends” is something a villain would say.