Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The mad lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Dig's got more than a helmet and a gun to help Clark with in Metropolis.

Edit: I imagine they figured something out and are probably gonna use some of Dreamer's things to use as constructs to CG in, just recolored.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Are they in the Matrix?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Are they in the Matrix?

They're in the afterlife. Likely a Good Place.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Xelkelvos posted:

They're in the afterlife. Likely a Good Place.

I would feel better about that if it wasn't for last week's episode of The Good Place.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So, deaths in the Arrowverse that Oliver didn't reverse
  • Robert Queen
  • every villain
  • Earth-1 Laurel
  • Ragman's parents/town
  • Roy Harper's arm

I gotta say I did not expect the ring, especially because I just read an interview today with David Ramsey where he says he'd like to do it, but then rightly points out the insane effects costs a GL show would entail.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I gotta say I did not expect the ring, especially because I just read an interview today with David Ramsey where he says he'd like to do it, but then rightly points out the insane effects costs a GL show would entail.

I mean, he is just a space cop at the end of the day.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Ramsey had also said they were going to pay off that particular running joke, so I fully expected the ring to show up.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Since they have him and his family in Metropolis now, he can pop in for a quick crossover. Not a series regular (dude's been on a CW show for 8 years, he needs a break), but a guest appearance for a team up with the suit and everything.

Can they not legally say "Green Lantern" or something? Or even show the ring?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

Since they have him and his family in Metropolis now, he can pop in for a quick crossover. Not a series regular (dude's been on a CW show for 8 years, he needs a break), but a guest appearance for a team up with the suit and everything.

It's DC so they can totally do Green Lantern if they wanted, but the CG would rightfully be an issue. What might happen, instead, is that Digg and Lyla deliver it to Supes in Metropolis to keep it safe or figure out what to do with it and it ends up in the hands of Jessica Cruz or Simon Baz. Them being newbie newbie lanterns means that can cut back on the CG while keeping it moderately believable.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

HBO Max is doing a Green Lantern show with the same production team as the Arrowverse shows, but no casting information has been released yet. It would not surprise me if in the coming days/weeks they announce Ramsay is playing Green Lantern now that the Arrow finale has finally aired, but we'll see.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Green Lantern show is still happening, right? On HBO Max and not connected to the Arrowverse? Is Superman and Lois still happening? This is WB we are talking about, they aren’t going to let two different version of Green Lantern be on TV at the same time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CW picked up the New, New Adventures of Lous and Clark straight to series yes, and I highly doubt David Ramsey is going to be a series regular on it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

HBO Max is doing a Green Lantern show with the same production team as the Arrowverse shows, but no casting information has been released yet. It would not surprise me if in the coming days/weeks they announce Ramsay is playing Green Lantern now that the Arrow finale has finally aired, but we'll see.

They could wind up doing the same thing DC Universe is doing with Stargirl where it airs on CW after HBO Max. I mean, I highly doubt it, but after they actually gave him the ring after all these years (and after Ezra Miller popped up in Crisis) my mind is kind of blown and it seems like anything is possible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo they gave Diggle the ring :supaburn:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Scyantific posted:

Holy poo poo they gave Diggle the ring :supaburn:

Surprise it’s from earth 3 and it’s the Crime Syndicate

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So are these flashback scenes in the finale stock from the show or are they brand new scenes that they shot for the finale?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I'm watching this retrospective special that aired with the finale and it is endearing as all hell that all these actors are genuine, real, no lie fans of their own show. It makes it even more sad that it's over. Gonna miss this one a lot.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
However the quality might vary on the Berlanti/Arrowverse shows, I don't think they would let a GL ring find Diggle while he's moving to Metropolis and just bullshit their way out of it. He's gonna put that drat ring on.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Superman's Pal John Diggle.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hcreight posted:

However the quality might vary on the Berlanti/Arrowverse shows, I don't think they would let a GL ring find Diggle while he's moving to Metropolis and just bullshit their way out of it. He's gonna put that drat ring on.

He's gonna put it on and it's either gonna reject him or it's gonna be Volthoom's ring and we'll get Jessica Cruz.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Two things,

1) Did finally doing the Salmon Ladder unlock new powers for John?
2) Where is my Spectre Force Ain't Gotta Explain poo poo gif?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really enjoyed that finale and sad to see the show go

My 2 biggest complaints are Diggle never got a proper goodbye to Oliver and sad that Barrowman didn't show up. That one I'm guessing he isn't alive but hoping he is!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Digital Jedi posted:

sad that Barrowman didn't show up.
I thought he might just because he was really conspicuous by his absence in the retrospective thing. Like, I think we saw him on-screen once, but no one mentioned him and he wasn't included in the bit about the villains. And he was the first main bad guy of the whole show, and a major recurring character for five seasons; it really seemed like they were leaving him out on purpose, which would have made sense if he was making a surprise return, but nope. So... did he piss off the producers or something?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I thought he might just because he was really conspicuous by his absence in the retrospective thing. Like, I think we saw him on-screen once, but no one mentioned him and he wasn't included in the bit about the villains. And he was the first main bad guy of the whole show, and a major recurring character for five seasons; it really seemed like they were leaving him out on purpose, which would have made sense if he was making a surprise return, but nope. So... did he piss off the producers or something?

He appeared earlier in the season.
Looking it up he was just booked for tours and other shows, and first come first serve

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 29, 2020

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

He appeared earlier in the season.
Looking it up he was just booked for tours and other shows, and first come first serve

I didn't expect him to actually have filmed anything new for it, but it seemed weird that they didn't talk about him at all. Like, Diaz and Prometheus got talked up and Dhamhiahn Dharhk was shown in a bunch of clips, but Malcolm just... wasn't.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

If the Arrow Beyond spin-off doesn't get picked up, I hope they resolve the cliffhanger on Legends or something by just having it be that same John Byrne guy again, now out of prison for kidnapping 20 years later.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

If the Arrow Beyond spin-off doesn't get picked up, I hope they resolve the cliffhanger on Legends or something by just having it be that same John Byrne guy again, now out of prison for kidnapping 20 years later.

John Byrne is the worst

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Disappointed in the lack of Slade. Even a quick 10 second cameo of him standing amongst the trees, watching the memorial from afar would have been cool.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

One dumb little thing that bothered me about the finale: how were the Diggles living in a house that was barely bigger than a trailer when Lyla has been a high ranking government operative for years?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

hcreight posted:

One dumb little thing that bothered me about the finale: how were the Diggles living in a house that was barely bigger than a trailer when Lyla has been a high ranking government operative for years?

She's a spy ultimately and doesn't want to bring attention to herself Or with Dig moving to metropolis they were renting.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Comedy option: real estate prices are out of control because Oliver accidentally gentrified new universe Star City.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: Van Wayne Industries? Really?

Perfection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have been fanboying for these shows since day one and for the last what, 17 years on these forums I have been saying how much I loving hate John Byrne.

I made this happen, out of pure spite. You're all welcome.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I have been fanboying for these shows since day one and for the last what, 17 years on these forums I have been saying how much I loving hate John Byrne.

I made this happen, out of pure spite. You're all welcome.

I was wondering if you got a writing gig for Arrow the minute I saw that name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I made it happen with my special hate powers.

I really enjoyed that finale but holy poo poo the new timeline is a loving mess, they better set up a page on the CW site detailing all the changes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I really enjoyed that finale but holy poo poo the new timeline is a loving mess, they better set up a page on the CW site detailing all the changes.

It's really very simple: if anything you see from this point on appears to contradict established continuity, a wizard did it that's something that Oliver changed when he recreated the multiverse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tiggum posted:

It's really very simple: if anything you see from this point on appears to contradict established continuity, a wizard did it that's something that Oliver changed when he recreated the multiverse.

Diaz is totally alive.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tiggum posted:

Thea and Moira had that bit at the funeral talking about him, where Thea wished he had been brought back and Moira said maybe Oliver couldn't change the fate of people who directly influenced the path of his fate. Tommy Moira and Lance's deaths were sad and affected him, but they don't send things careening off the rails like if he saved his dad on the boat or Malcom didn't sacrifice himself so the others could escape Lian Yu blowing up.

I mean, it's a handwave but they did actually call him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

hcreight posted:

If he puts the ring on how long will it take him to stop freaking out about having cosmic powers?