Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Killer robot posted:

If he puts the ring on how long will it take him to stop freaking out about having cosmic powers?

John just flying through space throwing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I would recommend checking out the various cast members Instagrams because there was a lot of clowning around with the funeral set.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

I would recommend checking out the various cast members Instagrams because there was a lot of clowning around with the funeral set.

There's a lot of clowning around every set though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

John just flying through space throwing up.

All his villains just stop because they feel awkward about attacking him when he's just doubled-over puking in front of them

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Then the Green Lantern Corps come and take his ring away because he clearly doesn't have enough willpower to keep from constantly vomiting.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Be nice, he's only got an issue with super-speed. He's walked through breaches without vomiting.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SardonicTyrant posted:

Be nice, he's only got an issue with super-speed. He's walked through breaches without vomiting.

Just another reason why Barry is just a giant jerk-rear end with his superspeed.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know that the finale's season 1 flashbacks were new, but was the quick flashback (oliver in a bad wig) in the last scene also new?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It had to be, wasn't Felicity in it?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Vietnamwees posted:

It had to be, wasn't Felicity in it?

That was from one of the flashbacks in season 3 or 4 when Waller dropped Oliver off in Starling city but he wasn’t allowed to make
contact with anyone.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Lord Bude posted:

That was from one of the flashbacks in season 3 or 4 when Waller dropped Oliver off in Starling city but he wasn’t allowed to make
contact with anyone.

Season 3 episode the return I believe

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

I know that the finale's season 1 flashbacks were new, but was the quick flashback (oliver in a bad wig) in the last scene also new?

You can tell which ones were actually from Season 1 and which ones were shot for the finale by how young Amell looks in the old clips. By his own admission, 8 years of doing this show just beat the poo poo out of him.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Also the scene where Oliver overpowers Slade and saves his mom was shot for season 2 as a dream sequence but wasn't aired. I believe in the original he loving shoots him in the head, but they cut just before that, I guess to preserve continuity of subsequent Slade appearances.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 30, 2020

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Rhyno posted:

Diaz is totally alive.

The best part of this show being over is that we never have to see him again.

Unless he pops up in the other Arrowverse shows.

...gently caress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was pretty solid. I really liked the emotional acting everyone was doing. Especially Laural and Quinton talking, his Laural doesn't need to come back because she's already there.

Majorian posted:

...gently caress.

Shows up in Supergirl, completely gets punked by Kara.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

That was pretty solid. I really liked the emotional acting everyone was doing. Especially Laural and Quinton talking, his Laural doesn't need to come back because she's already there.

Shows up in Supergirl, completely gets punked by Kara.

Also Tommy says that Earth-1 Laurel DID come back and she was his wife before she died. So maybe she died of natural causes and got to live a happy life with Tommy before that. I guess we’ll never know, nor do we really need to know at this point.

Also Legends and Black Lightning’s writers could handle a character like Diaz. The new Flash showrunner seems like they could too now. Supergirl would just clock him into next week as stated.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Things in season one of Arrow that aged poorly: Thea hitting on Tommy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

howe_sam posted:

Things in season one of Arrow that aged poorly: Thea hitting on Tommy.

She even joked about that

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Majorian posted:

...gently caress.

the final shot of CoIE should have been the Monitor zapping to the astral plane where Diaz is waiting, and the Monitor says "It's over, just as you planned."

Diaz responds "And Oliver? Did I train him well enough to succeed? Was he prepared?"

and Monitor says "Yes, you gave him the boost he needed to save the multiverse, you are the true hero."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

the final shot of CoIE should have been the Monitor zapping to the astral plane where Diaz is waiting, and the Monitor says "It's over, just as you planned."

Diaz responds "And Oliver? Did I train him well enough to succeed? Was he prepared?"

and Monitor says "Yes, you gave him the boost he needed to save the multiverse, you are the true hero."

brilliant.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Arrow has made 3 things immortal

1. that god damned wig
2. barrowman appearing from off screen and saying he used to be ra's al ghul
3. diaz always wins

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Gonna miss my corny shooty arrowman show :(

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Laterite posted:

Hopefully you’ll get a nice shooty arrowlady show instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Really enjoyed that. Will be sad to see Arrow gone. It really did change things in huge ways whatever flaws it had. It always trips me out to remember the state of things when Smallville ended and that i decided to skip the new superhero show the CW was doing. At least until someone wised me up in S2. Hopefully we get the Birds of Prey thing to carry on.

And holy crap they gave John a ring!!!!

I liked that they dealt with the Laurel thing and how Quentin handled it perfectly. I’m still personally going with the idea that Earth Prime’s formation was largely a subjective thing from Ollie and the Paragons so it’s less deliberate choices being made of who to save or what happened and more just how things would feel right. OG Laurel died tragically but Earth 2 Laurel has come a long way and deserves more than being erased or “merged” or something that makes her not her.

Or you know, Oliver is a wizard now and explains nothing.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
As someone who came into the Arrowverse when I heard the Flash was going to share the same universe as the Arrow when it first came out, I'm really glad I stuck with all the shows. Even the bad seasons. This was a great finale that really showed how far they came and how influential a "bargain bin Batman" could truly be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Laterite posted:

I just with the b-arrowman had a place to show up again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Barrowman was busy showing up on Doctor Who so maybe he had to pick one geek fan service thing and he went with the much older one

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Barrowman was busy showing up on Doctor Who so maybe he had to pick one geek fan service thing and he went with the much older one

Barrowman's doing a bunch of other stuff. Idk if he still is a regular guest host on DC Universe's talk show. He's not planning on showing up in another episode of Who this season as he's stated in an interview. Just give him the Robotman or Gideon treatment and it'll be great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently they did try to get the actress who played Huntress back for the finale but the timing didn't work.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

An uncharitable way is to look at Felicity's ending as her committing suicide to be with her husband. Instead, I like to think of it as getting into some sort of paradise dimension where they can be happy for once and have Amell come back as Specter as needed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1224134456430120960

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, just FYI that the final season of Arrow is up on Netflix now, bow as you were.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That seems pretty quick to hit Netflix. Any word on the spin-off yet?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I forgot how much Seth Gabel went for it as Count Vertigo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I forgot how much Seth Gabel went for it as Count Vertigo.

Both Count Vertigos were treasures and it's a shame neither stuck around

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Q_res posted:

That seems pretty quick to hit Netflix. Any word on the spin-off yet?

All the CW shows have traditionally been pretty quick to hit Netflix as soon as their seasons are done. And no, no news yet.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TwoPair posted:

All the CW shows have traditionally been pretty quick to hit Netflix as soon as their seasons are done. And no, no news yet.

Just from the last Netflix contract. From that point it was a week after the season ends, previously it was shortly before the next season starts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they all go up a week after the finale. Its kind of made keeping up with the CW shows week to week seem pointless when I know I can binge them a week after the finish. I kind of only follow the Arrowverse for the crossovers/continuity.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I really wasn’t happy with Oliver bringing back all of the major characters that died(Tommy, Moria, his sister, etc) — felt like the writers wanted to undo all of the their own story. Felt cheap

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

omg chael crash posted:

I really wasn’t happy with Oliver bringing back all of the major characters that died(Tommy, Moria, his sister, etc) — felt like the writers wanted to undo all of the their story. Felt cheap
Hmm... I'm not so invested in Arrow's plot as a whole to really care whether they came back one way or another, but yeah, it also adds a bunch of nitpicky questions about how all of the previous seasons' storylines just happened to work out exactly the same way even though the dead characters were alive the whole time.

EDIT: I guess now that they're alive, the characters can pop up in the spin-off show with age makeup?