Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Just looking at the money and the international market for players and the fact that an average MLS squad player makes as much as like a cop or a teacher, there's no reason for a talented multi-sport kid who's getting good advice to pick soccer, right? Unless he's super tiny.

I don't know what kind of little technocratic change they can make to fix that, like even doing more to crowd out the lovely NCAA system - well, a lot of families have to stick with it for those scholarships. Nothing is going to swoop in to pay non-blue chip kids 25k/year to see if they develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2017/01/given-mlss-transfer-rules-offloading-giovinco-doesnt-make-sense/

About little tweaks around the edges: this poo poo in particular looks like something they should get rid of tomorrow. Turning 22-year-old UConn accounting majors into superstars sounds impossible, convincing someone like Pulisic to play for Philadelphia instead of BVB sounds impossible. But useless, conservative, going-nowhere organizations like DC, NE and Philly should be given every incentive possible to be in the market for players like Almiron, not having incentives taken away. Like, being a "selling club" would be way better than being what 90% of MLS is - but hey, you can't re-invest that money in players

• Locked thread