Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
The US league/grasssroots "system" is only good at the sports that only US plays, bar basketball
College sports system is bad at sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Simone Poodoin posted:

MLS is the second best league in CONCACAF behind Liga MX. That's not saying much, still garbage, but not as awful as every other one.

Because of this, Central Americans and Caribbeans who are not good enough for Europe have an intermediate place where they can improve, and the more teams MLS has, the more chances these mediocres have of improving. For Americans it has the opposite effect, looks like most American players don't want to go to Europe and try to make it if they can stay home and get by, so they also stay mediocre. That's my theory that MLS harms American players and helps the rest.

It's also remarkable to note that of all the hex teams, only Mexico are better than 4 years ago, the rest are all objectively worse, does that mean that the USMNT is really the one with the most decreased quality out of US, CR, Pan and Hon?

I just realized that my league, the Russian league, is basically the less artificial MLS of Central/Eastern Europe
It's maybe slightly less extreme because there's a relegation system, less money, and availability of UEFA competitions, but the problems are generally the same (and are a massive reason why Russia is very bad even if there are clubs in the "I know this one without googling" relevance bracket)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

the Moon landing was fake

The Moon is also fake

• Locked thread