Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

RideTheSpiral posted:

This thread is a pro read for non Americans lol

it really is op lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still laughing that a western country with 300m inhabitants can't find 11 players to qualify for the world cup with lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

RideTheSpiral posted:

actually you're 70 icelands short there

drat op...

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Football in a normal country:

You are 7 and want to play football with your friends? Sure, just pick the closest club and pay the €10 or so monthly membership fee, which includes everything (also training and a weekly competition).

Where exactly does the $1000 come in in the us?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah the referee thing is another thing that I don't get. Why do youth and amateur teams need "certified" referees? I played in a Sunday league in Holland for like 20 years and the referee was almost always just some dude from the hosting team or a dad in the youth games

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

Lets wait til Europe puts a man on the moon then they can lecture us about soccer

the Moon landing was fake

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

This is complete bullshit. They pay because they think they are getting better coaching for their kids. And because being on the "best" club is a status thing. It has nothing to do with race.

Ah, my sweet summer child

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

Middle class wage earners are not "rich" and I realize you are childless and have no actual idea but there are pretty low barriers to entry to get your kid playing. Every "top" club has open tryouts and will give a scholarship etc if the kid is good enough. They will also recruit kids. The only need really is parental involvement. Our house cleaner has a couple kids on the "best" club around here and she isn't paying a dime. Some of these clubs are competitive with European academies. Its around age 14-15 where development falls off because they focus on ODP which is total garbage.

lol the tough talking poo poo poster is a bourgie with a house cleaner, what a surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazy Ted posted:

Wouldn't that be because you aren't legally an adult until you're 18 in the US, but in many European countries it's 16?

Which countries are those?

• Locked thread