Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I don't really understand why the U.S. hired, and then persisted so long with, Jurgen Klinsmann.

Maybe my memory is off, but I remember iis tenure for the German National Team not being particularly successful. It looked kind of grim going into the 2006 World Cup, where they performed better than expected. That was third place, for a 3-time-winning NT, playing the World Cup in their own country. Hardly amazing. His assistant then took over the NT and has done better than Klinsmann. Then he went to Bayern Munich and he didn't do that great there either, he didn't even survive a full season.

He was in Germany and Bayern from 2004-2006 to and then 2008-2009. That's not a very long time, he didn't win any major trophies and plenty of weird poo poo happened during his tenures.

It always seemed like people had these ideas about his vision and his plans and it's like, sure, but I'm not sure why you think this guy's competent enough to execute these grand visions. He hasn't actually done anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread