Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Based on the title for next week's episode Monkey is going to die right? Seems like giving a character's backstory is the kiss of death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is dragon the gambler or the computer nerd in the ED

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Rabbit probably found Chicken's corpse (or what was left it?) and reanimated it which is how he's controlling the birds so maybe that comes up next episode? I don't think the flock of ravenous birds would be searching the sewers otherwise. But the name of the next episode suggests it'll be focusing on other characters so who knows

I'm expecting the final showdown to be Ox vs Rat, due to Ox being the favorite and Rat being vaguely recognized by a bunch of other participants (and KILLING ALL). I like Monkey but she's probably dying at some point. Or they all become best of friends and kill the ref

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Sheep should've let his grandson die since he's a shithead vita player

Got to root for tiger now

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
She was also lamenting how many birds had to die to take down Boar, so she doesn't have unlimited birds (and probably cares about them too)

Also if Monkey can just palm slap them all down, Ox would probably just eviscerate them all anyway

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I agree that there's something off but I do think that he's actually dead because dragon commented how it was shameful that snake got eliminated so early and became someone's puppet. If anyone has an idea of what snake's abilities are, it'd be his twin brother, right? There's no reason for him to be an unreliable narrator either because it's not like anyone else could hear him (I don't remember if he said it or thought it)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Are you talking about episode 1? Because that was the boar's internal monologue.

I'm more keen to believe the people in the viewing room. They are the ones with the stats and the money on the line, and said 3 confirmed kills (Boar, Dog, Chicken), which was the hint that Horse was still alive, but also that Snake is still valid to place bets on.

No, I think it was episode 2 after they all escaped from the building, Dragon was on top of the building watching Snake walk down the streets next to Rabbit

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I hope tiger wins and gets to buy all the booze she wants

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Rat asked horse if he saw sheep because sheep's dipshit gamer grandson cyberbullies him in his favorite online game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Snakes eats rats, duh

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
gasoline ain't alcohol

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It's a shame how this show is gonna do Tiger like this

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The snake death was silly to begin with because there was really no reason for him to turn his head to talk to dragon anyway. several times in that scene, he speaks to him without turning his head

e: can that dude that used to post the character profiles from the books continue to do that? Or do they contain spoilers?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Did tiger take sheep's mega-bomb? She looked at it after killing him but I don't remember seeing her taking or carrying it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why would they waste their time smuggling non-rare lizards

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
maybe she was tired out from all the bird thwacking and wasn't thinking things through

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Dragon's plan is probably to freeze them in place, wait for snake's corpse to take them out, then finish off the corpse? But maybe he somehow triggers sheep's bomb (if tiger still has it) and they all die, who knows

Also I'm pretty sure Tiger should've been more badly burned considering how much gasoline there was but whatever

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Also, how good is dragon's eyesight that he can see poo poo from all the way up there

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My guess is Rabbit can still control monkey which is why we had that lingering shot of his head right after they were talking about how the corpses can still see and monkey comes and ambushes the victor of the duel but I've been wrong about a lot so far so who knows

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I'm glad that tiger didn't focus on the liquid part of liquid hydrogen and try to drink it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Dead men can't be affected by the gem poison, he's a goddamn genius

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ox was close to figuring out in the beginning

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I guess in addition to the aftermath, they still have rat's backstory and... maybe Ox's? I'm not sure if the second tiger flashback counted as his backstory or a continuation of her's (or maybe both)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hope at least half of next episode is just Ox eating at various restaurants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hmm that girl from school he liked sure looked familiar

I thought the show was fine, definitely started strong and had some dips. The only thing I wish they resolved better was the whole global shadow gambling proxy war thing which uh, never really came up again

• Locked thread