Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
What really played at my heartstrings this episode (and yes, I know and agree that it's stupid) was how much Tori wanted her convenience store rice ball, and that, as far as we know, she never got to eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Wark Say posted:

My daughter is a devout follower of the 3-ep test so she decided to give this a go and after watching it she told me this "Wait, is Nisio trying to court Suda51 or something?". I probably should've waited until I was at home to read it, because I let a reasonably loud chuckle out when I read her message.

I really, really want a joint NisioisiN/Suda51 project to be a thing now.

I'd really like to learn more about the abilities of warriors in other rounds of the battle royale as well, since this time they seem a bit too on the nose.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I hated Sharyu and found her platitudes condescending and flippant, so my guess is that she'll be going the distance.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
This seems to indicate that it was Nezumi that caused Tori's downfall, and not some combination of Inu and Saru. Uma was having the same sort of out-of-character thoughts following their encounter that Tori was upon her death.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Somehow, I felt more aggrieved over Tori not getting her riceball than I did over Tora not getting her heartfelt reunion

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I've had no real problems with the show to date, including this episode. The thing where "If I refuse the interview, a bunch of people are going to try to kill me in various ways, intentional and unintentional" was a bit silly, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

It'll be interesting to see what wishes Rat manages to come up with and where they lead. It'd be too easy for him to say "Give me a seat as a gambler" and have that lead to him making gambles in such a way as to maximize his own safety and world peace, but that's the only one that immediately comes to mind.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Wark Say posted:

As individual participants though, you're absolutely right: They were incredibly underwhelming as they did gently caress-all beyond A) Getting killed before the actual contest started (Snake) B) Keeping tabs on the other (Dragon) C) Being patsies to someone else (Both) and had no real agency.

See, I found that interesting in its own right, at least as much as I did any of the other characters' backstories. They were the first ones to suggest the aesthetic of the foundation (which it seems like Rat is working to dismantle) through their past, which is a lot more than can be said for Uma, for example, or even, frankly, Saru, whose backstory can basically be summed up as "Look how sweet I am as I bake my cookies, now feel my tragedy harder", or, similarly, poison-dog-sensei. It was also interesting insofar as, as far as we knew at the time, they were the only ones who had any semblance of companionship outside the game, and it set up a sort of anxiety regarding what would happen if/when the two of them were forced to confront one another.

Again, I didn't really feel frustrated by this show. That might be due to watching shows that frustrate the hell out of me this season, like Welcome to Slideshow, Dies Incomprehensible and Recap Clover, but I never really felt like any of the detours or backstories made me want to get off the bus. I was more intrigued by the setting than the battle royale, and looking for hints to provide clarity to such, though.

As long as we're talking favorites, I think I liked Tori best. I mean, her story wasn't necessarily original (I've been pretending to be other people for so long that I don't remember who I really am! See: Kokoro Connect and a whole bunch of other works in English and Japanese media) but it still grabbed me for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Snake's backstory was what fully conveyed to me how screwed up their entire world is.

Did anyone else notice that a bunch of the ways Rat was killed when refusing the interview looked like they were perpetrated by one of the other warriors? Boar's guns, Ox's sword, Sheep's bomb, etc. I assume you novel-readers already know what's up, but I'm hoping that's what the final episode is about.

The one that made that perfectly clear to me was when he was attacked by a flock of birds. There are a bunch of people who use guns/swords/bombs, presumably, but bird attack kinda pushes the issue...

• Locked thread