Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Don't forget [the hamfisted cult organizations that have the ongoing brilliant plan of making a team of two in a free-for-all last man standing with no further logistical strategy and somehow the participants were unaware of this] in the list of :wtc: plot expositions

Cancel this show, make a spinoff of Monkey's Diplomatic Ventures.

With how they talked about it later I assumed that if they knew upfront they might have changed their minds. And that the cult put both of them in so that they would use the results to say which of the two families was stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

From what I understand the original was a short story, so it probably wasn't meant to be stretched so much. Based on those information paragraphs that have been posted, I'm guessing we're getting an episode per chapter, maybe? But yeah, while I liked Rabbit's plan here personally, particularly his head trying to bite its way up Ox's sword, there was way too much talking this time.

Yeah it has been one ep per chapter with a different pov each chapter, so it's understandable why they'd try to imitate that part of the book's style. The actual events in the fights especially in the second half go down really quick, so they have to do something to buy time to fill a full series so they chose to greatly expand upon the backstories. Which gets rough at this part of the story because it can really interrupt the flow (Dragon's ep being the worst offender of this by a mile).

I really wish they could have made a movie instead because it'd be a great way to avoid some of those problems.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mindblast posted:

The Ox and Tiger thing became weird. They play up this grudge and it turns into... that. It feels like they put in the grudge because the short story had it, but the short never revealed what it was so they had to think up their own reason.

Nah the reason in the anime was exactly what it was in the book.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The last ep was one of the best ones since it was the most Nisio-y ep of the whole bunch.

• Locked thread