Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't know about any of this stuff, or rather I do but can't say, because I just finished reading the novel, which was a nice quick read and an excellent translation.

What I do want to say is that I really wish all of NISIOISIN's other novels could get translations that appear instantly on the ebook stores, but apparently that's too much to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

She lost control of herself before drinking it, though. She was willingly telling Monkey intel she had while simultaneously thinking "why am I saying this? What the hell"

I guess now that this part of the story is over, I can mention that the book seems to put it down to Dog's poison, in that once the venom boosted her mental capacity to peak, she was no longer able to maintain a mindset without empathy.

Unfortunately, she didn't have the social skills necessary to be part of an alliance, so she just wound up being very bad at being a lone wolf.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The book translates Rat's methodology as "kills inexorably," for what it's worth.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

From checking it also does not appear that Horse ever had anything to do with the military in the original novel. Apparently he was just a weak teen who felt vulnerable and so bulked up using lots of exercise and steroids.

I think he was a teen from some kind of elite military assassin house or some poo poo who felt vulnerable and so bulked up using lots of very advanced exercise and steroids.

I think everybody is from some kind of elite family of insane military assassin child soldier people the details of which are probably less confusing if not thought about.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

There's probably someone there who could safely remove the gems surgically if you trusted them enough to let them.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I bet you could avoid Usagi killing you if you just offered to be his friend before he did so.

I'm not sure if he really understands "friendship" outside the context of mindless rotting puppets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, I don't think Rabbit can be regarded as a rational actor, here.

• Locked thread