Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This show rules a lot I can't wait for everyone to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Moltrey posted:

I also feel weird about Monkey being the one to set off the bomb but i might be reading into it too much

Monkey is the most dangerous of all

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I get the impression Monkey genuinely wants to end things peacefully if possible, given her whole background involves repeatedly successfully ending conflicts.

She ends conflicts by threatening everyone with her terrifying powers.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

If Boar Dad knew that whichever daughter he sent was going to be killed because of fate or whatever, his choice of the younger daughter is fairly interesting.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wark Say posted:

I think he saw an opportunity to cut his losses because he thought "Hey, my older daughter seems to have her poo poo together. Might as well send in the creepy, critter-killing one", while cruel, Boar Dad strikes me more as a "Ruthlessly Pragmatic, Cutthroat Merc" instead of a "Pointlessly Cruel Fuckabout". How unfortunate for the guy that the older sister changed into the latter out of some false sense of being the "rejected one".

Then again, this could be that old *cough hack* trope about lack of communication turning this into a bigger deal than it was, which is unfortunately a device so typical of fiction that even someone like Nisio should know better by now.

Yea exactly. I'm not super bothered by the lack of communication thing just because this is a magical battle royale he might not have been able to explain.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I suspect that most people have caught on to this but just in case: I love the structure of this series, where every episode starts by building up a character as an incredible badass before putting them in a situation where they those strengths become weaknesses and they get killed. I have no idea how Monkey is gonna gently caress up but I'm looking forward to it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This is the first episode where I feel the flashback stuff didn't work, which I hope isn't a recurring problem. The rest of the episode rules, tho.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DarknessTear posted:

Show is pretty good so far. I'm glad they didn't keep the pattern of the focus of the episode dying at the end going. That would have made the show far too predictable. Monkey is definitely my favorite character so far. Wearing thigh highs also helps.

there's a 90% chance she's offed in the first scene of the next episode. 50% that it's before the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Snakes eats rats, duh

I love this show so much

• Locked thread