Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Man, I was so sure Horse would burst out of the vault at the very last second.

The Serpentine Bros suck, and so did their backstory. They used to be... petty thieves? Except they kind of sucked at it? And they had some vaguely-defined rivalry going on? And then they were in a warehouse, doing... things for... reasons?

Looks like next week is Part 2 of the Snake & Dragon story, so maybe we'll get some answers. Or, better yet, maybe Dragon will be next to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

There's three episodes left, so I'm thinking one for the Tiger/Ox fight doubling as Ox's backstory (Tiger looses), one for the Rat/Ox fight doubling as Rat's backstory (Ox looses), one for a final twist that's going to make or break the show.

I will watch this show to the end, but man, it really did go downhill after the first three episodes.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

ViggyNash posted:

That episode was irredeemably awful and I have lost all respect for this show.

Yeah. One thing I hated in particular was Ox's monologue in the flashback, which went on for-loving-ever.

I still like the OP though, probably my favorite OPs of the season for both music and visuals.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Holy poo poo the first half of this episode was loving terrible. Yes, the one thing this horribly overwritten show clearly needed was an autistic toreador explaining every single thing in great detail as it is happening.

The second half, eh. The montage of Rat's one hundred deaths was kind of neat, but the reveal itself felt cheap and unsatisfying, especially because Rat still is a complete non-character.

In conclusion, this turned out to be the most disappointing show I've watched since... I don't know, The Lost Village maybe?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Also, a sequel to the original book apparently got released yesterday?

• Locked thread