Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Daedalus1134 posted:

My guess is Rat is some kind of security to make sure things go on schedule. Hangs out around people that are trying to somehow stall the show, abandons ship before the conclusion. He has some kind of memory erasing power that keeps everyone from remembering he's been in all the tournaments, which is why everyone can't quite place him, but would still have seen him from review of prior battles.

He still gets bet on because he's the "winner" in cases where there isn't one.

Honestly, this is probably the most likely theory. They keep really hinting something is off about him and he never actually fights. Everyone else seems pretty straight forward.

It also is a blatant nod to the great race story people always associate with the chinese zodiac meaning the most likely final 3 are Tiger, Ox, and Rat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well had it not been for Snake she probably would have taken out Rabbit.

We can basically blame Snake for multiple deaths in sorts. Snake's body assisted in killing 3 people so far.

or was that Dragon? gently caress. It's hard to tell them apart without any kind of characterization.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Snake's body is possibly on a kind of Auto-Pilot where it goes after sounds large enough to be a competitor?

:shrug:

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Snakes eats rats, duh

:perfect:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Clarste posted:

In the original Zodiac tale, Rat rides on the back of Ox and jumps off to become 1st place. He's a trickster who rides the coattails of other, stronger participants. In this context, that'd be something like Ox and Rabbit killing each other and then Rat wins by default without ever fighting.

Speaking of which, since Rabbit is technically dead now, doesn't that means he can't win the tournament anymore? Even if he's controlling his body parts to continue attacking, he's still dead.

This is my vote for the most likely ending cause why shake things up?

Either Rabbit is not the "real" Rabbit or yeah, he's considered dead. Considering we've not seen Rat since him basically leading Snake to kill Horse, I'm betting he jumps whoever survives between RabbitParts and Ox.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I liked Monkey and thought her backstory was interesting. The "mystery" of Rat was interesting. Rabbit's deal was interesting. The rest just felt eh? I'm usually all for a battle royale type story but this fell on its face pretty quick after Monkey died.

• Locked thread