Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That cheeky grin in Nigel's boss portrait :allears:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Huh, Ghost Squad.

I worked in an arcade. Faked lots of credits on our HOTD4 and GS cabinets.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Agent G is straight man this game needs. When he's not busy being passive-agressive.

But their choices of music are both exemplars of bad.

NHO fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 28, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The conversation at the end was pure gold.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Aww, Nigel looks so happy in that poster pic.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The conversation at the end was pure gold.

If there's one thing Overkill needed more of, it was Washington and G having more conversations where they just hate each other.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I remember when this game came out and I thought it was a little too ridiculous. One day my cousin brought it over and we played through it (it's not very hard with 2 people, not that it's a hard game in the first place) and by the end of the second level we were both grinning from ear to ear with how loving over the top it was.

This mother loving game knew what it was all a-loving-bout and that it was made for the Wii in the first place was the loving cherry. This LP, loving awesome

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
UPDATE: Part 05 - Creeping Flesh

It's time to meat our maker in this labyrinth of flesh... CREEPING flesh.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
UPDATE: Part 06 - Scream Train

We have a bit of a filler episode this time around. I'm sure zombies on a train has never been done before.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I must say, all this coarse language is not very family friendly

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space

Really Pants posted:

I must say, all this coarse language is not very family friendly

I was debating whether to swear or not in this latest episode, but if people are uncomfortable with the language, I'll make sure my commentary is G-rated in the future.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just bear in mind that children may be watching, that's all :)

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Really Pants posted:

Just bear in mind that children may be watching, that's all :)

The main audience for the lp comes from the SA forums (does it?).
Your children are already hosed anyway, if they have access to these forums. Might mutate to goons by the end of the day

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 12, 2017

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

The very first line in the first video contains the word gently caress. The game itself is full of swearing, this is not a game to watch with your kids.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

okay I guess it wasn't a very good joke

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Really Pants posted:

okay I guess it wasn't a very good joke

The first rule of the internet is that anything you say in jest is something that someone out there actually believes.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Any excuse for a G joke.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I pity poor G.

Edit: Also, I should imagine anyone following knows this, but the second game was notorious for it's staggeringly bad voice acting. Voice acting that makes THIS game sound like a choir of angles.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 12, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I thought the post was a reference to this

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Samovar posted:

I pity poor G.

Edit: Also, I should imagine anyone following knows this, but the second game was notorious for it's staggeringly bad voice acting. Voice acting that makes THIS game sound like a choir of angles.

Overkill is clearly good voice actors taking pains to act badly.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Train full of zombies with a giant bug for a boss certainly seems like its one long RE0 reference. Why? I dunno.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space

Kibayasu posted:

Train full of zombies with a giant bug for a boss certainly seems like its one long RE0 reference. Why? I dunno.

As long as we don't encounter giant vore frogs, I'll tolerate any other RE0 reference in this game.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
UPDATE: Part 07 - The Fetid Waters

No more mucking about. It's time to type or die. (This episode was painful to play, due to the sheer number of enemies.)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That was the most horrifying mutant yet!

Because of the dubstep.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space

Really Pants posted:

Because of the dubstep.

More like dumpstep

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I love this game and this updated version where you can actually repeat levels for cash instead of having to carefully do slightly better than the high score in the original Wii release is a godsend. I just think that some of the redone cutscenes are missing some of that... Jank, I guess you could call it that made them that much better. The end of this level is the one that I take most issue with. Still, it's all pretty good and I'm glad it was able to exist at all because this game is really fun, light gun or keyboard.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
https://youtu.be/fwCEOMwu5aA
First thing I thought of after that boss line

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Man, the boss fights aren't that great to begin with, but this one was the worst one yet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It is a bit of a shame the gameplay doesn't have more variety. The weirder mutants could have had phrases that slowly change, one letter at a time. The hospital boss's clone phase could have had three synonyms on the fakes, and an antonym on the real one. Maybe some robots with arithmetic instead of typing?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Really Pants posted:

Maybe some robots with arithmetic instead of typing?

Number Muncher of the Dead.

Is that -22 equal to 4 or -4!? Quick, it's about to bite!

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
UPDATE: Part 08 - Jailhouse Judgement

We play it a bit loud in this episode, thanks to unexpected issues with custom dictionaries and this particular stage.

Also, the plot starts going weird places (more so than usual).

Next (final) episode will be up sooner than usual.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
FINAL UPDATE: Part 09 - Operation Overkill

And that's a wrap. Thank you all for coming along for the ride. I won't be able to cover multiplayer or House of the Dead mode, but hopefully you pick up the game and check it out for yourself. This is probably up there with LSD Dream Emulator in terms of weirder projects I've done.

The next LP probably won't be for a few more months. If you want to enjoy lower effort content™ in the meantime, you can tune in for some streams. I will probably do some TOTD multiplayer at the end of the year. Also feel free to join the Discord server to hang with like-minded motherfuckers.

Have a nice loving day.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The end of this game is so loving weird, I love it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:psyduck: What the gently caress was any of that.

Amazing LP.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Poor Varla. Lost her brother, her job, her friend, and then...

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Motherfucker.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I was not prepared for Isaac Washington's thoughts on feminism

Thanks for playing this one, Bear. Yippee kie yay, something something.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 27, 2017

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

RealSovietBear posted:

but hopefully you pick up the game and check it out for yourself.
I encourage anyone doing this to try the entire game in a single sitting, just to see how much your typing skills erode by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
thank you, comrade bear, for playing this game

• Locked thread