Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shinjobi posted:

Blood Breeds seem just a smidge overpowered if the Eyes of the Gods can only gaze at them for a quick instant. They don't appear to have any natural counters that I can remember.

A thing that got fundamentally skipped in the first season is how loving dangerous Blood Breeds are; Something Beyond took thirteen humans and inscribed complex magical curses onto their very DNA to create the Elder Vampires. Not only are they obscenely powerful, there's something even worse that made them. And Libra only found that little detail out thanks to an electron microscope.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Chain is stated as being able to screw with reality.

Kinda. More her existence within reality. She can phase herself out so she's not affecting anything and was just dividing herself down more and more right to the edge of zero.

Rodyle posted:

It's not that the eyes of god can't handle blood breeds, it's that Leonardo's squishy human brain can't really handle either the eyes or the blood breeds

Actually the severed hand basically love-tapped his brain to stop him looking at the name on the paper held tight between its fingers.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yes, because he can't handle the BB's. And he can't handle the eyes really either, which is why he needs to keep them closed most of the time so the information doesn't deep fry his brain.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i was wondering why the screen got darker then remembered they do that for people with epilepsy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's also shown that Klaus the strongest member of Libra is no match for Elder Blood Breeds. Who are also borderline unkillable from what has been shown. The way Libra has been able to handle them is thanks to Leo. Who can discover their true names with his eyes which can allow Klaus to seal them.

Also as Leo found out when he looked in the pit. There are way more then 13 Elder Blood Breeds.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's also shown that Klaus the strongest member of Libra is no match for Elder Blood Breeds. Who are also borderline unkillable from what has been shown. The way Libra has been able to handle them is thanks to Leo. Who can discover their true names with his eyes which can allow Klaus to seal them.

Also as Leo found out when he looked in the pit. There are way more then 13 Elder Blood Breeds.

I mean there were 13 at one point but I'm guessing the universes slapping on top of each other probably gave the BB creators a lot more test subjects/people to process.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean there were 13 at one point but I'm guessing the universes slapping on top of each other probably gave the BB creators a lot more test subjects/people to process.

They can create new ones. The normal vampire way. I assume that if a Blood Breed lives for a long time it becomes an Elder.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It really feels like Libra's job relies entirely on the relative mercy of Elder Blood Breeds to just not come up and murder them, if they're truly that strong. Goodness gracious.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonsterEnvy posted:

The anime also drastically undersells that scene as well. You find out early on from the accidental glance that Leo gets of one that Elder Vampires have a pretty aura like a twinkling red mist coming off them.

When he looks down into Beyond it's not a bunch of silly vampire wing icons, it's just all twinkling red mist as far as he can see :stare:.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly the harping on how the show compares to the manga, good or bad, is pretty annoying. and you've literally been repeating yourself on like half these talking points too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

honestly the harping on how the show compares to the manga, good or bad, is pretty annoying. and you've literally been repeating yourself on like half these talking points too

That's fair, and I only brought it up to answer what the deal with the Blood Breeds is.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, not having read the manga, trust me, the anime's version of that scene was plenty effective.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HAVING read the manga the anime's version of that scene was pretty effective. The harping is ridiculously exaggeratory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chain is the best and I'm glad she is getting spotlight and next week is a Combat Butler episode this season is awesome.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't believe nobody commented on Chain's beer of choice: Blue Moon

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

dogsicle posted:

i can't believe nobody commented on Chain's beer of choice: Blue Moon

Blur Moon beer showed up in "Blood Line Fever" at the Libra company party, so maybe she raids their storeroom to save money.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

My take away from this episode is that Chain is less a werewolf than a Hound of Tindalos. Kinda nice seeing old whatsisface the burger guy again, too.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I do not expect Chain to ever, at any point, actually turn into a wolf creature of any kind whatsoever

That being said, Chain's token was hilarious and a great punchline to a great episode.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Alternately the subtitles have been spelling it wrong the entire time, and she is actually a Where-Wolf. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rangpur posted:

Alternately the subtitles have been spelling it wrong the entire time, and she is actually a Where-Wolf. :v:

:stare:

:frogout:

Genius.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rangpur posted:

There's always the possibility that she used to be a normal wolf until she was bitten by a wereperson.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Do the tentacles defending Hellsalem's Lot prevent people from just coming and going? Seems to be a lot of in and out by Chain and her squad, unless Colonel Whatshisface was basically in that chunk of Hudson County that got subsumed by the otherverse.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Torquemadras posted:

I do not expect Chain to ever, at any point, actually turn into a wolf creature of any kind whatsoever

That being said, Chain's token was hilarious and a great punchline to a great episode.

The question is: Did she reappear because Steven showed up, or because she knew they would bring Steven and desperately tried to clean her apartment before they did?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MJP posted:

Do the tentacles defending Hellsalem's Lot prevent people from just coming and going? Seems to be a lot of in and out by Chain and her squad, unless Colonel Whatshisface was basically in that chunk of Hudson County that got subsumed by the otherverse.

I'm not sure if that's ever touched upon but, like the episode prior to the current one, people come in and out of HL all the time. Usually, most avoid it because HL is a hell where your body is stolen yet you continue to live on as a head on top of a jar.

Looking at the ED, we're in for some super fun eps in the future. Definitely the end of BBB1 and Sonic's big adventure are going to make appearances. This is one of the most fun sequels in a long time.

Relin posted:

i was wondering why the screen got darker then remembered they do that for people with epilepsy

:aaaaa:
I literally never knew that. I kept wondering why the screen got super dark when bullshit attacks came flying out!
Porygon* really hosed up a generation, didn't it
(Yes, I know it was actually Pikachu that was objectively the bad one)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

SpazmasterX posted:

The question is: Did she reappear because Steven showed up, or because she knew they would bring Steven and desperately tried to clean her apartment before they did?

She came back into existence the moment Steven opened the door Because Steven had no idea what he was doing until he opened the door because technically Chain had never existed.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Given how the agency seems to operate, I just figured the Werewolves were just uh, "Charlie's Angels" only they needed a name besides angels to call them so they went for something monstery-sounding.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i figured invisible werewolf was meant to be like, they are werewolves but instead of turning into wolves they become invisible/phase out of existence. someone upthread mentioned they share elements with a lovecraftian hound creature, so it's probably just a reference.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SpazmasterX posted:

The former. The one absolute thing that would guarantee her existence was keeping Steven from seeing how she lived at home. I think the general inferrence is her worst nightmare would be him visiting out of the blue.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
it's been a while since i read the manga is the butler episode the one where there's limousines with plasma cutters from dead space on them

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dudermcbrohan posted:

it's been a while since i read the manga is the butler episode the one where there's limousines with plasma cutters from dead space on them

Yup, that's the one. Real curious to see how they deal with that little detail.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup, that's the one. Real curious to see how they deal with that little detail.

Cooly.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Once again, this is what happens when you underestimate New YorkHL

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

season 2 is a lot better than season 1, which was also really good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now that episode was amazing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That was pretty loving great. As a minor side-note; if you're wondering why Zedd was silent the entire episode it's because the manga story's from before he actually arrives. I do love the change to the car trip with poor Leo being crammed in the middle because of Zedd tagging along though. Even if it does come at the expense of the shot of Leo flipping off the kidnappers through the brainjacked feed right before Gilbert makes his offer.

Postal Parcel posted:

Once again, this is what happens when you underestimate New YorkHL

Gilbert gave them full warning and a chance to walk away. This is all on them :unsmigghh:.

I am surprised they actually got away with the Plasma Cutters though. And outright named them :allears:.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even if it does come at the expense of the shot of Leo flipping off the kidnappers through the brainjacked feed right before Gilbert makes his offer.

do you have a picture of this

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

where the red fern gropes posted:

do you have a picture of this

I wish I did, or could find one online. It's just a neat little two-panel gag of Leo noticing Phillpe's awake and flipping them off with a smile.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Well that would have been cool if I could have seen what was happening.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was pretty loving great. As a minor side-note; if you're wondering why Zedd was silent the entire episode it's because the manga story's from before he actually arrives. I do love the change to the car trip with poor Leo being crammed in the middle because of Zedd tagging along though. Even if it does come at the expense of the shot of Leo flipping off the kidnappers through the brainjacked feed right before Gilbert makes his offer.

Gilbert gave them full warning and a chance to walk away. This is all on them :unsmigghh:.

I am surprised they actually got away with the Plasma Cutters though. And outright named them :allears:.

What possible problems are there with the Plasma Cutters?

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

What possible problems are there with the Plasma Cutters?

The design is taken directly from the signature weapon of Dead Space, and it's even named "Visceral Industrial Plasma Cutter" in the manga (Visceral being the name of the studio that made the game - the "Visceral Industrial" is actually still in the show, but the characters flash by too quickly to read). That kind of direct reference often gets purged for broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
EA his more or less given up on Dead Space and has closed Visceral studios. I don't think that really care anymore.

• Locked thread