Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

obviously the production staff read gaming news and knew there was no worry *a very sad lol*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

I like Season 2 more than Season 1 so far

That....is an absolute certainty.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this episode will be really cool to watch when 90% of it isn't dimmed by the drat pikachu law. really nice to see another cut by yutapon and i hope he pops up again before the season is over.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to be the one to say that this season isn't quite connecting with me in the way season 1 did, but, that's not a put-down at all and the reasons why are totally beyond s2's ability and i'm still loving it a lot

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the first season might have been a little better made, but this season is adapting really good stories.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

That... was a cool car.

Also glad to see that the old tradition of cutting things into tons of perfect cubes is alive and kicking

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I feel like as much as the OC donut steal plot from the first season jangled with some people, it did help provide a clear indicator of events being chronologically sequenced. Right now every episode could be taking place in parallel dimensions as far as I am concerned, which means I don't have any particular hype going into an episode. It is enjoyable while I am watching episodes but the season as a whole does not click for me I guess.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

R0ckfish posted:

I feel like as much as the OC donut steal plot from the first season jangled with some people, it did help provide a clear indicator of events being chronologically sequenced. Right now every episode could be taking place in parallel dimensions as far as I am concerned, which means I don't have any particular hype going into an episode. It is enjoyable while I am watching episodes but the season as a whole does not click for me I guess.

Thats part of the enjoyment I feel. As most of these episodes were actually early chapters meant to establish some of Libra's members.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

R0ckfish posted:

It's really just an issue of being just stuck writing around the first season skipping them.

Is the next episode from a later volume or BBB&B, out of curiosity?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's really just an issue of being just stuck writing around the first season skipping them.

No clue.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Even though it's wacky danger and action the show to me works like a slice of life. Each episode is just whatever hosed up bullshit Libra has to deal with today, and tomorrow it'll be something different. Something like that really doesn't need an overarching big plot, but I think there's enough worldbuilding present to provide some big stories with the Blood Breed threat & the various other cosmic and otherworldly beings that periodically decide to gently caress some poo poo up on a whim. I think my favorite plotlines are the ones that are more grounded and seedy though, like when they have to deal with organized crime or something connected to politics.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Everything Burrito posted:

Even though it's wacky danger and action the show to me works like a slice of life. Each episode is just whatever hosed up bullshit Libra has to deal with today, and tomorrow it'll be something different. Something like that really doesn't need an overarching big plot, but I think there's enough worldbuilding present to provide some big stories with the Blood Breed threat & the various other cosmic and otherworldly beings that periodically decide to gently caress some poo poo up on a whim. I think my favorite plotlines are the ones that are more grounded and seedy though, like when they have to deal with organized crime or something connected to politics.

I would really like an episode through the eyes of someone just going through a mundane daily routine. Like a mailman for example.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i do kinda wish there was some small sense of continuity, since yeah i cannot begin to place one story in relation to the others. when the one-off adventures are as good as this, the premiere, or chainpossible...those complaints pretty much fly out the window though :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

There Bias Two posted:

I would really like an episode through the eyes of someone just going through a mundane daily routine. Like a mailman for example.

I think Leo comes pretty close to that, since when he's not getting dragged into something he's just an ordinary dude trying to make ends meet as a pizza delivery guy.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

where the red fern gropes posted:

do you have a picture of this

e:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Get the Rock Out is from B2B v2. And after rereading it, it's a really fun one :D

Correction: I think earlier I said the phantom hospital was from v9 of BBB. It was actually from v8.

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 6, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There Bias Two posted:

One of my favourite worldbuilding details is the signs on public transport denoting the chance of regular humans surviving the trip. It all blends together well with stuff like how Phillipe gets grabbed by a creature masquerading as an entire bar.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One of my favourite worldbuilding details is the signs on public transport denoting the chance of regular humans surviving the trip. It all blends together well with stuff like how Phillipe gets grabbed by a creature masquerading as an entire bar.

There was also Leonardo telling Phillipe that if he does not go to any locations marked in Red on the bus his chances of survival increase by 30%.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this owns thanks

Neddy Seagoon posted:

ok i was not paying enough attention but is this a visible thing that can be seen or is it just mentioned

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

this owns thanks

ok i was not paying enough attention but is this a visible thing that can be seen or is it just mentioned

Leo points out a demonic-looking bus and tells Phillipe not to go anywhere the route description is displayed in red.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

they give you a close-up on one of them when leo is looking up pizza delivery routes in season 1

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dogsicle posted:

i do kinda wish there was some small sense of continuity, since yeah i cannot begin to place one story in relation to the others. when the one-off adventures are as good as this, the premiere, or chainpossible...those complaints pretty much fly out the window though :v:

There's plenty of continuity from S1 to S2, but there doesn't seem to be much moving from episode to episode in S2. Hopefully if our new Butler Bro sticks around it'll give us a bit of continuity within the season moving forward.

The strongest S1 to S2 continuity comes from :

Black and White being gone from all episodes.
Dog Hummer not being in an iron straightjacket.
Zed being around.
Burgershroom showing up again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Was taking a look at Back to Back and we may meet more of Femt's friends this season.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
We're up to the 2nd ever official portrayal of New Jersey in anime - Philip came in at Newark Airport, which got nicely rebuilt after Lucky Abrams caused it to basically blow up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MJP posted:

We're up to the 2nd ever official portrayal of New Jersey in anime - Philip came in at Newark Airport, which got nicely rebuilt after Lucky Abrams caused it to basically blow up.

Pretty sure some of Baccano! is in New Jersey, isn't it?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
A very tiny bit, yeah; The Genoard family mansion is in Newark, and you see it in like one scene.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New episode and I think it cut the scene were it was mentioned that Anila was ok.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was wondering about that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Tsk.

Out of curiosity, are the Earthshakers something brought up in a later volume before Get The Lock Out!, or just another assumed daily shade of madness in Hellsalem's Lot?

Who ya gonna call? Lockbusters!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tsk.

Out of curiosity, are the Earthshakers something brought up in a later volume before Get The Lock Out!, or just another assumed daily shade of madness in Hellsalem's Lot?

I predict the later.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tsk.

It seems like one of those aspects that are pretty self-explanatory. We saw a different example of a really giant creature wandering around earlier this season, so this just provided context for that event.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There Bias Two posted:

It seems like one of those aspects that are pretty self-explanatory. We saw a different example of a really giant creature wandering around earlier this season, so this just provided context for that event.

Lord Gigagigafutmassif? He's just a denizen of Hellsalem's Lot who likes to take walks. A very, very big denizen.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I took this as "of course someone in Hellsalem's Lot tries to summon an elder god and end the world every other week."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sindai posted:

I took this as "of course someone in Hellsalem's Lot tries to summon an elder god and end the world every other week."

That's pretty much what I assumed, just seemed like something a bit too specific like Blood Breeds so I was curious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That was a fun little episode. I find it kind of hilarious what the conflict was about.

Anyway next episode appears to be a Brody and Hummer two parter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This show continues to be one of my favorite feel good animes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
So was Zep made by the actual Dracula?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Paracelsus posted:

So was Zep made by the actual Dracula?

Zed.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

zapp doing all the right things for all the wrong reasons

chain still excellent

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What was that about Daniel Craig shooting rockets out of his knees? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What was that about Daniel Craig shooting rockets out of his knees? :stare:

she mentioned cybernizing "double-zeroes" so it's a reference to both James Bond (007) and Cyborg 009 (Cyborg 004 has missiles in his knees, among other armaments)

• Locked thread