Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

she mentioned cybernizing "double-zeroes" so it's a reference to both James Bond (007) and Cyborg 009 (Cyborg 004 has missiles in his knees, among other armaments)

Oh I know, just wasn't expecting them to outright name Daniel Craig like that just for the mental imagery :allears:.

Kinda nice seeing Alice, the Warden of Pandora Asylum, carrying a tablet so Doug could be at the party remotely though :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think one of the things I like most about this series, and especially this season over last, is that no one is ever above being a goofball. Laughs are had at just about everyone's expense at various points. Just makes the whole cast a lot of fun.:3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Don't make Chain mad. :stare:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah, all the characters have had some great moments so far this season, but Chain has consistently be great. I'm calling her this season's MVP.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
There wasn't enough Chain last season so I'm glad that she gets more to do this time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Zapp getting owned.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think it's because he deserves it so much.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I swear I've never seen epilepsy dimming as frequently or jarringly as it is in this show and it's kind of a downer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Watching the Polisuits get owned is almost as good.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

BBB&B does not fail to be good.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

klaus: "an elder god is descending from the heavens, if he touches the ground everything explodes, and we've been locked out of libra headquarters by a hostile entity. we're going to defcon 2"

klaus: "ehhh this guy seems a bit larger than a normal person. defcon 2"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

where the red fern gropes posted:

klaus: "an elder god is descending from the heavens, if he touches the ground everything explodes, and we've been locked out of libra headquarters by a hostile entity. we're going to defcon 2"

klaus: "ehhh this guy seems a bit larger than a normal person. defcon 2"

It's Hellsalem's Lot. When you don't know exactly what you're up against, you want to be very, very careful. Or you wind up very very dead. And if you're extremely lucky, that'll be the worst thing that happens to you resulting from being careless.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
KK episode next.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chain continues to be the best.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chain continues to be the best.

The bits of her getting shitfaced with the other Werewolves during the fight is entirely new to the anime version (all you get in the manga is finding out where she was at the time in the epilogue). And just wonderful :allears:. Die, you raw ham alien!

Aug 24, 2011

chain stealing the show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Twinkle Twinkle little Star.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This episode was adorable as hell

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Is the Blood Breed raising the kid or the kid actually the Blood Breed’s child?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Susano-maku da! posted:

Is the Blood Breed raising the kid or the kid actually the Blood Breed’s child?

I think she's adopted.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'd really like know that dude's story in general.

Aug 24, 2011

the power of dad

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well the villain of this storyline is scary.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Been looking forward to seeing this story get adapted! I think the anime original parts are a neat addition. It's nice to see that Leo still keeps in touch with Black and Sonic hangs out around White's graveyard. :kiddo:

I like the bit where Leo freaks out so much he inadvertently eye jacks everyone and somehow they decide the best thing to do is pull out guns and start shooting??

Lil bit disappointed that Michella's wheelchair joke didn't make the cut

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 17, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I like the bit where Leo freaks out so much he inadvertently eye jacks everyone and somehow they decide the best thing to do is pull out guns and start shooting??

The Beyondians tend to be crazy and willing to use violence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Beyondians tend to be crazy and willing to use violence.

Considering the average day in Hellsalem's Lot, pulling guns and trying to shoot whoever's causing their eyes to get hosed with is a pretty sane response.

Been looking forward to seeing this story get adapted! I think the anime original parts are a neat addition. It's nice to see that Leo still keeps in touch with Black and Sonic hangs out around White's graveyard. :kiddo:

I didn't mind them either, it helps lead in to why he called her.

Aug 24, 2011

loving lol when the net cafe blew up

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

One thing I didn't quite get: they keep saying how the Eyes of God can control what somebody sees perfectly. That's already one step above Leo's grasp of the eyes - he can, at most, scramble multiple person's points of view.

But from what the doctor does this episode, it looks like this extends to all perception: he's clearly manipulating hearing as well when he makes it appear like a dead guy keeps talking. Does that thing even have a range requirement? Is the dead guy's buddy just gonna see him wink out of existence a block away from the hotel?

Magic, man

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Lil bit disappointed that Michella's wheelchair joke didn't make the cut
After all the build up, if Michella finally showed up in person and her schtick turned out to be constant :yohoho: -type jokes only for wheelchairs I'd probably kick BBB up a notch on my year's end rankings for that alone.

Aug 24, 2011

Torquemadras posted:

One thing I didn't quite get: they keep saying how the Eyes of God can control what somebody sees perfectly. That's already one step above Leo's grasp of the eyes - he can, at most, scramble multiple person's points of view.

But from what the doctor does this episode, it looks like this extends to all perception: he's clearly manipulating hearing as well when he makes it appear like a dead guy keeps talking. Does that thing even have a range requirement? Is the dead guy's buddy just gonna see him wink out of existence a block away from the hotel?

Magic, man

taking a wild stab in the dark - the coffins on his back contain the people who he's... stolen? one of them was god eyes but another might have been god ears. or magic, idk

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

where the red fern gropes posted:

taking a wild stab in the dark - the coffins on his back contain the people who he's... stolen? one of them was god eyes but another might have been god ears. or magic, idk

You can see a cocooned human figure beneath him that's probably the guy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad we're getting into something that feels a bit more focused on Leo. As fun as the show is he's kind of an after thought in a lot of the more episodic parts which is a shame because Leo is actually a pretty fun protagonist and has some really strong character bits when the plot lets him stretch a bit more beyond yelling at Zapp. I know there's been a fair bit of that this season but I guess the lack of a through line for the season made it feel a bit rarer and less cohesive. Season one's plotline abuot Leo's friendship with Black and White and the King of Despair walking around helped the show feel like it had momentum even though it was largely episodic goofs like this season. I know people don't have a lot of love for the ending of season one and I didn't need the full episode of Black and White's backstory but I really enjoyed the actual finale and the moments it gave Leo, Frampt, Despair, and Klaus. This season just felt way too isolated each episode, though maybe that was the point because in the newest episode the audience is as shocked as Leo when the stakes suddenly become way more personal and treated much more seriously. What I'm saying is I'd like it to be a fraction less episodic and have about 300% more Frampt and friends.

Episode was really good though. Some good character bits from the B-list Libra members like KK. Villain is interesting and it's nice to actually learn things about the Eyes/Setting stuff most centrally focused on the protagonist. Need a one-shot AU where Michella got the eyes because she seems like she'd fit it more smoothly to Libra's roster of jerks.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't like this season as much as season one but also i liked the throughline of season one largely because i like rie matsumoto's stuff in general so without her i doubt i'd like whatever plot they'd go with for this season as much

i'm gonna wait for the second half of the two parter to be out before i watch it because i wasn't really into the last one this season

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Colonel posted:

i don't like this season as much as season one but also i liked the throughline of season one largely because i like rie matsumoto's stuff in general so without her i doubt i'd like whatever plot they'd go with for this season as much

i'm gonna wait for the second half of the two parter to be out before i watch it because i wasn't really into the last one this season

Yeah the Black and White storyline at least let Leo have some character depth that wasn't just "Worrying About My Sister" or "In awe of Klaus." Plus it let him have some more grounded relationships so you could get a better emotional range out of him. The whole show feels a lot more Whacky in the second season and I think that's largely because it doesn't have that through line or moments of a more relaxed/open Leo.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the stuff focusing around the less important side characters this season has been the strongest by far while the stuff focusing around anyone who already got focus in s1 has been weaker, because while this season's done more to establish characters like chain and kk, leo's just felt kind of stagnant

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
This season appeals to me much more than the first, but I like ending it on a Leo-centric two-parter still. He is sort of the main character still so he does deserve focus. In general I much prefer the way the cast has been handled here as it feels more even.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Leo is a cute big bro, imo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah the Black and White storyline at least let Leo have some character depth that wasn't just "Worrying About My Sister" or "In awe of Klaus." Plus it let him have some more grounded relationships so you could get a better emotional range out of him. The whole show feels a lot more Whacky in the second season and I think that's largely because it doesn't have that through line or moments of a more relaxed/open Leo.

The series being whacky is what BBB's always been at its core though. Leo's never been the protagonist either, he's been the audience's perspective. As this episode reinforced, he is there to witness Hellsalem's Lot and all its chaos.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The series being whacky is what BBB's always been at its core though. Leo's never been the protagonist either, he's been the audience's perspective. As this episode reinforced, he is there to witness Hellsalem's Lot and all its chaos.

I dunno, the show in general and this little arc in particular do seem to push back against the idea that that’s all he is. He’s a player, too, not just an observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

I dunno, the show in general and this little arc in particular do seem to push back against the idea that that’s all he is. He’s a player, too, not just an observer.

Of course, but that's because it's an ensemble cast rather than Leo AND others. And they all got a proper chance to stand out this season.

• Locked thread