Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
idk how i could be tied for third lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

bird food bathtub posted:

That chart is sure something. Looks like y'all best get ready to worship some mindworms and prepare to merge with the planet.

ain't no one playin cha dawn here

the gaians just wanna have a normal, harmonious relationship with planet, they don't wanna gently caress the worm cluster

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

ain't no one playin cha dawn here

the gaians just wanna have a normal, harmonious relationship with planet, they don't wanna gently caress the worm cluster

buddy...

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

idk how i could be tied for third lol

ive realised the line graph is better than the bar chart and actually shows you as third instead of tied for third. may the Hive/Drones alliance on our tiny island continue to propser!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
oh cool a smac thread

anyone tried the ai mods like Thinker?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i will attempt to pass the turn on in the next day or two

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I've sent on the save

also posting to/from a new email address: liv.skarsgard@protonmail.com

The old address is no longer monitored except when I feel like staring at my deadname.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Missed opportunity to be liv.svensgaard@protonmail

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

PittTheElder posted:

Missed opportunity to be liv.svensgaard@protonmail

I don’t get this joke

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

champagne posting posted:

I don’t get this joke

are you not posting in the SMAX thread

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I don’t get this joke

https://alphacentauri.fandom.com/wiki/Ulrik_Svensgaard

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

I've sent on the save

also posting to/from a new email address: liv.skarsgard@protonmail.com

The old address is no longer monitored except when I feel like staring at my deadname.

:thumbsup:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hey hey, yo yo, what's the good word re the save mode?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'll forget this thread exists for a month or more then *pop* Oh hey there thread how r u?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just checking in again, yet to see the save, hope someone is listening.

please don't go, the drones need you. they look up to you.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

where did the save go?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

last i saw it was when i sent it to Improbable Lobster on the 16th of July.

edit: maybe someone forgot to send it to your new addy?

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i'll get it going again. apologies for being a poor Save Steward this year, and for not reading the thread!

it's smoka's turn by the way. usually i ping her on steam so i'll try to re-establish contact, but i'll do the current pirate turn to get things moving.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this thread turned 6 last week and i missed its birthday :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

this thread turned 6 last week and i missed its birthday :(

:rip:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

haven't seen the save in a long time now. please don't die :(

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Forums poster Luigi Thirty has the save, at least in theory

e: I'll prod it along in a couple days, I'm away from my computer for the weekend

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

THE GAME LIVES! got the save from Glorgnole and just sent it onto improbable lobster. something is killing my dudes, god drat Spartans!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pile Of Garbage posted:

THE GAME LIVES! got the save from Glorgnole and just sent it onto improbable lobster. something is killing my dudes, god drat Spartans!

:woop:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

the save of the worms, by the worms, for the worms shall not perish from planet

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i am gonna take my turn, i just keep getting sidetracked

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I have received the save and we still be playing!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't heard from Smoka in a while. while i know she's on a general posting hiatus, i wasn't thinking that would be mutually exclusive with PBEMing. anthonypants, for comparison, has continued to play, despite having been banned from these forums literally five years ago.

if anyone's on better personal terms with Smoka than i am, could you ask her if she still wants to keep playing? i've done the past few turns for the Pirates.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

one thing i was thinking about (and i spend way way more time thinking about this specific game than i've spent actually playing it, just due to the nature of things) is that since it's been going for so long and everyone's peacefully built up their little societies, we're all sorta collectively hesitant to kick over each others' sandcastles. wondering if there's some way to shake up the meta, as they say.

i've definitely taken advantage of that to industrialize the gaians and focus on growth -- since it's unlikely that i'll be attacked (the Spartans are far enough away that it's hard to get at the Gaian continent, the Pirates just never expanded, and the Hive are my best buddies on the whole Planet) the whole industrial apparatus is sorta fragile and definitely wouldn't hold up against an air assault or something. my energy economy relies on being friends with everyone to get those sweet commerce bonuses too.

i did at least make sure to park a guy on my borehole so no one can mess with it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Glorgnole posted:

i haven't heard from Smoka in a while. while i know she's on a general posting hiatus, i wasn't thinking that would be mutually exclusive with PBEMing. anthonypants, for comparison, has continued to play, despite having been banned from these forums literally five years ago.

if anyone's on better personal terms with Smoka than i am, could you ask her if she still wants to keep playing? i've done the past few turns for the Pirates.

last time i had mentioned it to her, she didn't seem interested in continuing

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

last time i had mentioned it to her, she didn't seem interested in continuing

hm ok, thank you for asking

how do we want to proceed?
- control of the Pirates goes to an existing player (i think it's boring if i keep playing as them)
- control of the Pirates goes to a new player (it could be YOU!, o mysterious thread lurker!)
- a third, secret thing

(e: i'll let this question bake until january -- due to travel and such i bet we won't complete a full turn)

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

one thing i was thinking about (and i spend way way more time thinking about this specific game than i've spent actually playing it, just due to the nature of things) is that since it's been going for so long and everyone's peacefully built up their little societies, we're all sorta collectively hesitant to kick over each others' sandcastles. wondering if there's some way to shake up the meta, as they say.

now that you mention it i have been eyeing the Drones who occupy the eastern side of our island...

Glorgnole posted:

i've definitely taken advantage of that to industrialize the gaians and focus on growth -- since it's unlikely that i'll be attacked (the Spartans are far enough away that it's hard to get at the Gaian continent, the Pirates just never expanded, and the Hive are my best buddies on the whole Planet) the whole industrial apparatus is sorta fragile and definitely wouldn't hold up against an air assault or something. my energy economy relies on being friends with everyone to get those sweet commerce bonuses too.

Spartans have been annoyingly trouncing me in naval engagements. or at least i think they have, it's hard to tell what unit you actually lost when all it says is "we lost X combat encounters" and you last played the save over a month ago lol. also re Pirates they did kinda expand and even managed to claim the Manifold Nexus. the Believers on the other hand, what are they even doing!?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

drat if yall need a sub ive been jealously following the thread since yall started

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

I, too, volunteer as a substitute.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thread plays Pirates imo

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Another mysterious thread lurker here. I'll throw my hat* into the ring too.

* It has three corners and a skull & crossbones on the front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Well would you look at that, SMAC is now available on steam for :fivecbux: