Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

yeah having a unicameral legislature would be...interesting. a while back i was all in favor of having one house; i thought that state legislatures tended to be weak when compared to state executives and that unifying the legislative power into a single house would level the playing field. Now, however, i'm really not sure. after watching a few states more closely, there is an astounding amount of crazy poo poo that passes one house only to die or be voted down by the other house. Like really, really stupid poo poo. So maybe bicameralism does help? But maybe those crazy bills only get through one house in the first place because they figure that the other house will kill it anyway so they might as well scratch Representative Crazy-rear end' back. I want to talk with someone who follows Nebraska politics about it.

Bicameralism, like literally everything else in government, is a double edged sword. It makes it harder to do anything in government, which veers between being a crippling debility and the only shield against tyranny and ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread