Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Never did I think at 34 I’d still have to decide between going to Halloween parties and playing Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm so torn. I don't have a switch but I have an autistic obsession with owning physical copies of games, instead of digital downloads...

Mario 3D world was kinda unspired, so it's nice Odyssey looks like it'll go back up to Galaxy's quality standard.

After selling my Wii U to buy the Switch and losing all my digital games in the process, this is my first console I’m going all physical where I can again. I wasn’t playing them so it wasn’t worth keeping, but it still hurt not having that much extra money to throw at the Switch that I would have had if they were physical copies.

Eh. I kinda agree. It was fun but it wasn’t in the vein of the other 3D Mario’s in my opinion.

Pug Rodeo fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 18, 2017

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

:heysexy:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

GOTY

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

so are those moons you can buy in cap stores part of the list or just replacements for people who cant get moons

The first one counts, but the infinite post game ones are just for padding your moon count to get to the last “kingdoms” or unlock costumes for those who don’t want to hunt them.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So probably a controversial opinion.

:frogout:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm at the Wood galaxy, so I don't imagine I'm very far in, but I have every single moon to that point.

I think my other problem is that I find it very unsatisfying to leave a level without having done everything available to me. But in this game that's proving to be pretty ludicrous.

It feels like it's a game that's closer to Banjo-Tooie/DK64 than Mario 64.

Edit: To clarify, that's not bad by any means, but it's not usually what I'd look to Mario for.

Yeah I would stop worrying about moons and just go through each kingdom as it unlocks. Moon cleanup is for end game since you’ll have to revisit the kingdoms anyway to get all the NEW moons that pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Nintendo: Please port Mario Maker so I can build courses based around being a cereal box.

• Locked thread