Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I really hope the people I've seen upset that the game doesn't feature "Already Established Kingdoms" that appeared in previous Mario spin-off titles like Beanbean Kingdom or DK Isle are just taking the piss and don't actually see their absence as a major grievance with the game.

Like yeah it'd have been neat if the Sand Kingdom we've seen had been Sarasaland and I can see the case being made for DK Isle being a place that would have been really fun for Mario to visit but at a certain point the complaints seem all too familiar to ones like fans getting legit upset their favorite spin-off characters don't show up outside of their respective sub-series and playable in games like Mario Kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kurtofan posted:

Ill buy a new kingdoms dlc where mario visit brinstar and hyrule

There are still some gamers out there who can't process the idea of a Mario game having DLC though. Even though NSMB2 had it as well as U having an expansion pack. Not to mention the DLC some of the spin-off games have gotten like Mario Kart and the 3DS golf game.

Like it's over dudes, DLC is here to stay and never going away. You just have to hope it's good DLC.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Would people really be upset if we got a kingdom in the Bean Bean Kingdom? That seems like the strangest place to throw under the bus considering how wild and weird the locale is.

I'd gladly sacrifice dinosaur land or the jungle to get one of the rpg settings.

It's less people would be upset if we got a Bean Bean Kingdom level and more people would/are upset we aren't getting one in this game. It's like people who got bent out of shape Daisy wasn't playable in 3D World or that the Koopalings* didn't appear in an games until Super Star Saga and after that, not in any sort of prominent form until NSMB Wii. There's always conflicting contingents when it comes to what gets represented in a game callback wise.

*It seems odd to think now but pre-NSMB Wii there was always a small group of fans who hated the fact that the Koopalings were being neglected in favor of Bowser Jr. and those Koopa Kids from the first few Mario Party games. Like some went so far as to believe the devs were deliberately keeping them out of any new Mario games.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Calaveron posted:

Is the final boss Bowser? I bet the final boss is Bowser
Like normally I’d be like hahah what a huge loser caring about spoilers in Mario games but daaaamn I woulda been upset if someone spoiled the final boss of 3D World

Yeah, when people go "It's ALWAYS BOWSER!" I'm thinking like yeah BUT with 3D World it was this glorious beast of a Bowser.

• Locked thread