Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjTc42F6J0

koopa free running is just too fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's a free 6 heart right before the power line leading to the carrot, just spin Cappy on one of the veggies on the right side

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

How does the hint art work?

Specifically the one showing Lost Kingdom and teasing Poochie. I went to the exact spot and he's not there :(

ground pound the glowing area in the hint art

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

You need to think creatively. There's a very simple way to get up there with no jump tricks or anything.

Just use a lava bubble. Shoot over it with one of the cannons and untransform in midair so you fall right down on top.

Or you can just jump from the big pot on the volcano

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Speedruns that include the post game are going to be cool just because of the potential painting routes, I forsee people getting like 200 moons before going back to the Odyssey to drop them off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

True, but not on a first visit.

That's why is said speedruns that include the postgame

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Huh, I looked there and must have missed him somehow. Thanks!

I'm fairly certain that he's in the second lobby that the moon rock blocked the entrance to

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

People saying that this game doesn't have a sufficient post game are insane in the brain

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

It has a significant post game, but that post game is mostly a retread of existing content, with one new unique area, two areas copying the style of a previous one and that boil down to one boss rush and one long platforming challenge, and more moons to get in the same areas. It’s not a lot of new content, just mostly more of the same. You’ve seen all the cool stuff the game has to offer once you explore Peach’s Castle.

Aside from the new exploration moons, every kingdom gets at least 2-3 all new challenge areas. Beyond that, the Dark Side is expanded once you beat the boss rush to include 10 new art moons and 6 challenge areas that put a harder spin on previous ones. The Mushroom Kingdom has 104 unique moons by itself (although a big portion of those are achievement based) It might not be as crazy as the green stars in Galaxy 2 or 3D world's postgame, but there is tons of new content there.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How to get on top of Peach's Castle, the true answer

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/926227181360914432

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

was trying to keep the tweet from embedding, whoops

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Traxis posted:

So the portrait moons count towards the kingdom you collect it in, and not where you found the painting, right? I'm missing a moon in Cascade and I'm thinking it has to be a painting.

Also, I finally got 100 jump ropes, what a pain in the rear end. Even with the 'hey!' audio cue I still kept loving up between 40-50. Once I got to 50 it actually got a lot easier, I ended up finishing with 233.

Art moons count for the Kingdom the art is in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can someone tell me how to get the Moon here please?

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/926384349339049984

shake that joycon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Will the sail turn gold if you simply hit that number or do you have to specifically get the moons the hard way? I wish I hadn't bought the 10 from the store to see what that was about cause I feel like I cheated my moon count by ten :( I wanted to get the non-maxing out amount legitimately

No.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Old Bowser amiibo also work if you have those lying around.

And yeah, that's a lovely solution, but wedding bowser amiibo rules so I have no complaints :kimchi:

Watched an any% run of this, 1:24 with room for improvement, game is great, movement is great, and I do hope "world peace%" takes off (aka "all main quests", really, rather than just leaving when you have enough moons) to see more even if the boss fights aren't great

The record is 1:13 right now, lol. I just got a 1:37 and I'm not even in the top 100 with that, this is a really popular game. Though no one has done "All Missions" yet which I assume is the world peace% you're hoping for

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

i dont know what i'm doing wrong with those loving portrait games

You can borrow my sticky note

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's what they get for not shaking the joycon after bending the beak

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also teleporting to checkpoints

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Those were my last 3 as well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

It's a bit annoying to me that the only way to find purple coins missing from your collection is to buy a $13 toy.

You could watch a YouTube video or just you know look for them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

raditts posted:

I must have died like 30 times to that poo poo, 20 of them were probably to the giant piranhas at the end and their weird hosed up hitboxes.
There's an easier version of that stage on one of the other worlds where you can use your hat, but I found the hard version first.

I haven't beaten the dark side stage with the timed disappearing floors yet though, in the original of that one you get a scooter and I still had trouble getting through some of it in time.

the real trick is to shake your joycon while you roll

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

How the hell does he even get on top of it?

Made a pokio knock the bombs into its legs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My non gamer sister beat darker side you weaklings

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

He says "that's a mean" and "it's a bowser" very cutely

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Got around to getting the final 3 moons on the darkest side. I know you need 999 moons or something for a true ending? I hope grinding the coins is worth it

not worth it, buy the skeleton costume instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't stop hiding balloons. Pop mine so I can hide some more

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/967043580391931908

• Locked thread