Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is going to be a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The more I read and watch of Super Mario Odyssey the more excited I get.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Famitsu gave it 39/40

Pre-order cancelled

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've only really played world, 64 and galaxy 2 in my life. World and 64 were super awesome and I have very fond memories of them, 64 in particular. I remember enjoying galaxy 2 but that's about it, it wasn't particularly memorable for me and I couldn't really tell you much about it now.

I wasn't fussed about Odyssey (ok I would have still got it) until I heard they were returning to a sandbox 64 style, then my hype levels went through the roof. I'm excited y'all.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

What day/time do the reviews for this thing come out anyways. Tomorrow sometime?

We already know it's not as good as Nintendogs so who cares

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This game is just pure fuckin' fun

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The music in wooded kingdom doesn't make any sense and it's loving awesome as hell

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Larryb posted:

Wait, how are some people playing this game already? I thought it wasn't supposed to be available until midnight?

Some websites such as the one I order from send out copies early to ensure that they arrive by release date. Oftentimes this results in getting the game a day or two early.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nolgthorn posted:

It was donk

I was grinning throughout the whole thing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Who are these people with thousands of points in the minigames like jump rope and volleyball

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

You still get that intro regardless

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I completed the storyline in about 13-14 hours, but I've still got about 600 moons to go and some kingdoms I haven't discovered yet. Game is awesome but I think BotW just edges it for GotY for me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Well I just found the only outfit I'll be wearing for the rest of forever (post-ending spoilers)

https://i.imgur.com/cunrpmA.jpg

edit: Lol this is loving wonderful https://i.imgur.com/HOAQKO6.jpg

Frankston fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 28, 2017

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I can't for the life of me do these loving advanced picture match up things. I always get 67 points.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Only complaint so far is it is a bit easy. Most of the little side moons i breeze through without a sweat, hopefully the later levels are more challenging.

Post-game is where the challenge is

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I really appreciate cappy telling you if there are any stars or purple coins left in any areas you've already been in

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wendell posted:

This game is so packed with wonderful touches I could CRY!!!!

For real, this game is just made with so much affection. It's superb.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bullet bill tip - it changes direction according to the screen, not the direction it's facing. So push towards the direction you want to go on screen. It's totally counter-intuitive.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Spoilerish, a little bit? I just like how they turned out.

Got a bit artsy with this one

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

The dragon just stays there after you defeat it.

Its eyes wide open.

Staring.

Unblinking.

Forever.

I was very disappointed that I couldn't take control of it. It's not wearing a hat!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

You can’t control what’s dead.

I don't think it's dead, it's eyes follow you.

Also you can capture a parabones and that's pretty dead!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Boos...

are real?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just unlocked the Metal Mario costume from Mario 64 and I'm thrilled about that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Merkinman posted:

Is there something I'm missing with regards to platforming with a podoboo in Luncheon? I found the part leading up to the boss, and the boss itself, incredibly frustrating. There's obviously no depth perception because it's not like it's a 3DS game, and your shadow is invisible between platforms.

That said, everything else has been wonderful.

Are those the fireball things? If so I had a bit of hassle jumping into the rotating things because I'd keep hitting the rim and dying.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Playable Luigi will be the first DLC available for 29.99 this holiday season

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Speaking of cascade kingdom (post game spoiler)

I see on the map the X to show a moon is at both ends of the powerline next to the Odyssey but for the life of me I don't know how to get them. I've climbed to the top, ground pounded all around, I can't see any moons hovering above them. Without telling me what to do, are there actually moons to be had or is my map bugged?

I might talk to the parrot dude and see if the name gives any clues.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I feel like I've scoured a lot of the kingdoms head to toe and then I look at the moon list and I'm still missing like 30+ moons. This game is great.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Is there a moon in Cap Kingdom for lighting all the lamps? I noticed that the game was tracking their state so I assume so. There's a lot of them though, I thought I had them all but nothing happened.

No

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lets Pickle posted:

For anyone else having trouble with the bullshit that is Picture Match :

Just stick post-its or something similar to your screen to line up your parts

It's the harder ones where everything disappears that I can't do :negative:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Meridian posted:

I've only encountered one so far, and the pieces disappeared. You're saying there's more, and that I missed them? This is shameful.

Well I've only come across one goomba also but I assume there are more elsewhere

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

whoa

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What's the last unlock for the costumes? I just hit 700 stars but didn't unlock anything new, have I got everything now?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Regarding the Deep Woods, gently caress that moon that has you shooting all of your coins into a plant for a few minutes. That wasn't fun at all..

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just give me a remastered Super Mario 64 with modern controls & camera.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

Yoshi can do the flick flip jump though.

And he can stick to vertical surfaces with his tongue

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can someone tell me how to get the Moon here please?

Gotta blow it up somehow.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you get this butterfly? I feel like I've tried everything, but it only flys away.

Sneak up super slowly and throw cappy when you see the cappy icon appear above it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I feel like I've been all over every map head to toe about 50 times at this point but somehow I'm still missing two warp paintings and a bunch of hint art.

• Locked thread