Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mega64 posted:

* No more lives system! Instead death merely costs you 10 coins, which means you have to wait a little longer to buy Mario's tribal tattoo. So dying actually means something.

So what happens if you die with less than 10 coins on hand then, do you just restart the level? In other words, are you pretty much invincible or is there some actual penalty for losing coins?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, how are some people playing this game already? I thought it wasn't supposed to be available until midnight?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kawabata posted:

Is this game as easy as people (reviewers, youtubers, etc) say it is?

Especially since the Moons seem to be plentiful and you basically have infinite lives (You just lose coins whenever you die).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Game is fun so far, even though I've always been more partial to the standard "get from point A to point B while going through the levels sequentially" style of Mario games than I have the more open-ended stuff.

Just out of curiousity, what's the minimum amount of Moons you need to collect to access the final area and is it possible to replay previously completed stages (preferably via some kind of Fast Travel system).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 27, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Near as I can tell there's about 900+ Moons total for you to collect in the game but you only need about 124 of them or so just to complete it normally (plus I believe there's a few of them that don't even become available to collect until the post game).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So Lake Kingdom seems to pretty much just hand you Moons (they're all out in the open and I think it's possible for you to get all 8 you need before you even fight the boss), are the remaining levels this easy or was this just a breather world of sorts?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Calaveron posted:

So Weegee is not in this game at all right

And if not, who does the second player control if you play 2P mode?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So towards the beginning of the Luncheon Kingdom there's apparently a moon buried under some yellow rocks but there aren't any Hammer Bros to capture nearby. Do you need to grab one from later in the world and backtrack all the way there or is there another way to get to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, is it actually possible to catch those red-hatted Goombas? They always seem to disappear no matter what I try. Also, do you get anything special/useful if you do manage to defeat/capture one?

• Locked thread