Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I just got to the Metro world and I feel like this game is a bit of let down after all the rave reviews. I like it, but the design seems more like a Mario tech demo than an actual game. Galaxy 2 was the last Mario I played and I think it blows this out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

The Bloop posted:

I get liking Galaxy more. I think Galaxy 2 is probably the best 3D mario game, too.

I really don't get this 'Tech Demo' meme about Odyssey. It's a different sort of thing to Galaxy, but it is very clearly a fully featured Mario game with at least as much of a plot as usual, mandatory and optional goals and collectibles, fully orchestrated original music, new settings and enemies, fun boss fights..... what's missing? Not different, but missing?

Yeah I saw someone else say the tech demo thing and it feels apt to me. This game is lacking in a sort of overall coherence of design and character that other 3d Marios had.

• Locked thread