Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm really looking forward to the wedding of Pauline and Peach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Have you guys considered that Pauline sings about being "Your 1-Up Girl" in one of the only Mario games that eschews the lives system?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I got 666 moons in my ship and since then I've just been using the warp portraits to get around so I don't ruin the meme number

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do you have to take a Jaxi to the top of the Inverted Pyramid somehow to fix there being a missing statue? I got the moon for taking him to visit the lonely statue by the oasis so now I'm thinking.

The is a Jaxi station on top of the pyramid

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to turn one of them into an actual Jaxi - there's just a bench and a sign? (might be one there already I haven't checked this specific one recently)

Walk up to the sign and there should be an A button prompt to call the Jaxi

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
In the sequel you'll face off against the true villains of Odyssey: the chairmen of the Crazy Cap company, Wario and Waluigi

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Photo mode owns

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zuzie posted:

So I planted the seeds in Seaside Kingdom but one of the plants doesn't seem to want to bear a moon. It's just growing taller and taller...

Water makes plants grow!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

So how exactly does buying moons past the first one work? Do the shops ever run out? Are they even counted in terms of the game's 'real' moons or are they just there to cheat to the last secret area?

IIRC you can buy as many as you want, they all count towards costume and world unlocks. Only the first one in a kingdom counts towards game completion.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHXBSPcQBE

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

can someone point out to me where exactly that hidden six heart is? I've been all up and down those vegetable piles and I can't find it.

Pile directly to the right of the electric bridge to the tower. There's a stem at not quite ground level pointing away from the tower. Cappy has to spin on it for a second.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Walrus posted:

I just saw the eel on youtube. I'm super confused cause however I got up there it didn't involve him.

You probably cheesed it with the octopus things. A shameful gamer.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've got Iceburn Circuit, jump rope, and volleyball left

These minigames are tearing me apart, Lisa

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Futaba Anzu posted:

got a link for that part, burbo?

Don't know if it's the same guy but HelixSnake has one here. Helix knocks it down once.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

alf_pogs posted:

if you arent roaming the castle with a ten-tall goomba pile to get into the balcony i dont know what to tell ya

Just like Mario 64!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You might need to talk to one of the headphone toads, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

GreatGreen posted:

Me too. I was expecting at least some very slightly different cutscene, like maybe one where princess Peach is actually excited about being rescued or something.

And yes I know that doing something nice for a girl is not an automatic ticket into her pants, but in this game it really seemed out of character for Peach to basically tell Mario to go gently caress himself, Modern Independent Woman style, in almost the same breath as one that started out as her shrieking
for him to rescue her from kidnapping and implied sex slavery.

In other words, it would have been nice to see Mario punch Bowser into orbit or something, and then merrily skip back to the ship with Peach skipping alongside him or something, then they sail off into the sunset back to Earth. Just anything different enough to ensure me that I jumped in the right painting would’ve been fine, really.

:yikes:

• Locked thread