Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
been torn between playing and not playing super mario 64 recently. i wanna keep that hype building up but goddamn mario 64 is still so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
people are already speedrunning the game (store demo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o5N-9h_ncw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vookatos posted:

Peach's Castle is gonna be Mario's Mother Base, where he can go to visit all the enemies that he "captured".

luigi... i'ma already a mushroom.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

"I won'ta scatter your fire'a flowers to the heartless soda lake, I will'a always be-a with you."

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The kingdom calls for-a jumpwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Guy with a review copy decided to leak stuff on /v/ so if you're planning on going on media blackout nows the time. All of the worlds have already been posted for example.

lol. this is gonna be tough. ugh, i dont know if i wanna know or what... i mean, 6 days left but also... i gotta know.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this dude is streaming: hes up to the sand kingdom. the cap and cascade kingdoom look really loving small. like mario 64 small. i dont know if its just a tiny area of a larger map or what. :| edit: it must because theres only like 15 and 25 moons in these first two levels and they said nearly 900 moons in the game so eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIjF1ZicnHc

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 21, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ending might have leaked guys, go full blackout. tho i saw no screenshots, it does make me wonder if its true or not, the only two people i am aware of streaming/leaking only started playing the game yesterday and the streamer dude is too hooked on league of legends to get out of the first two levels.

anyone done pre-orders from shopto uk before? we're gonna get the game a day early right, like usual? its been awhile since i pre-ordered physical poo poo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Final boss/kingdom spoilers are all over youtube. Warning now.

Yeah, don't recall which episode it is but Mario gets outsmarted by donkey kong and just throws it out. Me and a friend had to replay it like 20 times that night because "haha no way".

It 100% has, can confirm.

lmao. no one read this until next month: if the spoiler i read is true, then i can't loving wait for all the hot think pieces from everyone.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

So It Goes posted:

Update on the following worlds in the game:

Kingdoms with 100 purple coins (i.e. big): Mushroom, Sand, Metro, Luncheon, Wooded, Seaside, Bowser
Kingdoms with 50 purple coins (i.e. mid-size): Moon, Snow, Lake, Cascade, Lost, Cap
Boss-level Kingdoms (no purple coins): Ruined, Cloud
Currently Unknown Kingdoms: At least one that is hidden behind a post-game moon lock, could be Delfino Isle because yoshi fruits from sunshine block things in Mushroom kingdom and Yoshi's house in Mushroom kingdom says he is out.

All kingdoms have varying moon counts. Mushroom kingdom has tons of moons given as "achievements" for doing various stuff in other worlds. Post-game, certain rocks get unlocked that then spread more moons across the previous worlds. Reminds me of green stars in galaxy.

hell yeah lets talk spoilers because i dont know what else to do until friday. (or thursday if im lucky) hidden kingdom gotta be delfino, it was on the map in the advertisement, if its not hidden then its dlc. i haven't looked into the kingdoms other than the names but i am kinda bummed at two of them being boss levels kingdoms, are they big at least? i guess the 13-14 was about right after all.

huge outfits spoilers i saw a list on wiki, loving 8bit mario, 64 mario, wario and waluigi are you making GBS threads me, goddamn this game. they better not all be amiibo.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 22, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can get more context for this please?

friend, i'll straight up tell you (no one read ending spoilers.. maybe) what i read states that peach straight up leaves bowser and mario squabbling and marries neither and fucks off back the mushroom kingdom. already seeing the usual people getting angry over "strong independent feminism in mah super mario" and other hilarious poo poo. some think its not the true ending tho and think there's another one based on moon count or something

anyway, don't let anyone spoil the final boss fight for you.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

my friend brought his early/review/i'm not sure copy over to a house party my place threw last night and (outfit spoiler) 64 mario definitely isn't amiibo

also this game is loving awesome. i don't think i saw anything that isn't on youtube by now (at least from not what i remember, i was very drunk and high) but i can say it's fluid as hell and you feel less heavy than in the galaxy games and the amount of cool mechanics is so vast and ridiculous while still never deviating too much from feeling like classic mario gameplay. 5 DAYS IS TOO FAR AWAY

oh hell yeah baby! legit shaking right now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

oh also, my favourite hat/outfit I saw: Diddy Kong

:eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Finished (I think)

For those wondering and want the number of kingdoms in the game it's 17

To rip a proverbial bandaid off now Isle Delfino is not one of them.

so er questions, if you can: is it really botw amount of moons? how many sub-stages are there and are they long/varied? have people really 100% this? do you think delfino is gonna be dlc since it was on the map poster?

i mean, i assume the game is good too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Norns posted:

Is it time for everyone to star flipping out about delivery yet?

yes, i cant even get onto shopto to check my if my pre-order is getting processed or not every 5 seconds. isnt this twenty seventeen?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hell yeah my order is processing and somehow also got 10 quid knocked off the price, it was 40 but they've only charged me 30... cool! Should get here tomorrow!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

wahahahahahaha! its time to do the mario!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2L9f9hX9M

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo snapshot mode filters there's a nes filter, a gameboy filter (original green baby) and a loving snes filter which is using the goddamn scanlines from the snes classic. no n64 filter tho but there is two blur filters which is close enough.

i mean i'd post shots but thats means turning the game off to pull my sdcard out and hahah that aint happening any time soon. (social share is disabled until tomorrow)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

make sure you set your camera controls to normal speed because it's set to low by default and its too slow.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

you can turn motion controls off but the action list seems to suggest some actions are only useable with motion control, like spinning cappy in a circle. i have the cons in the grip with motion on and it works well enough.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

also some of you need to get this game because i want to discuss deep mario lore implications.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

bef posted:

I'm going to use my Gamecube controller as God intended

oh poo poo. you know, there is almost enough buttons, i mean you wont be looking at the map but normal control? doable. cappy is Y, jump is on B tho instead of A otherwise i'd playing that way right now. nothing uses A except to talk to people.

edit: you can't remap the a and b buttons but you can set the map to open on d pad up so at least everything cept screenshots, motion controls and the home button works. man, if only you could set jump on the gamecube A, that would be loving perfect.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 26, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

oh there's a motion sensitivity option thats defaulted to low, so setting that to high while playing handheld would mean you're not shaking your expensive handheld around. i havent tried it given how low is sensitive anyway, i would imagine high would just be a light nudge.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i dont think you'd be able to get out of the first kingdom without a capture. i mean, maybe someone will find a glitch or some poo poo, they always do.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

oh poo poo i just noticed A is jump too, y+b and x-a are just mirrors, same with l zl and r zr. if you set the option for the d-pad up to open the map and turn off motion controls then its perfectly playable with a gamecube pad outside of just snapshot mode and those extra motion control moves.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Adaptabullshit posted:

What, theres a day one update?

day -1. but yeah theres an update also a switch update 4.1

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Frankston posted:

The music in wooded kingdom doesn't make any sense and it's loving awesome as hell

haha yeah im at that part, reminded me of one of those upbeat spaghetti western tracks from the 60s.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

in the sand kingdom how do you get the coins stacks on the pillar inside the ice cave thing when you fall into the hole in the quicksand, i tried long jumping and cap throwing then jumping off. nothing seems to work and i lost more coins then i would have got from that stack.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yeah, great postal service!

also i hear that you could buy from the japanese eshop and since it's already unlocked there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

you can lmao.

do to the spinning cap trick rotate the analog stick fast until mario is spinning and then throw the cap. the other ones like throwing upwards require mario to be looking at the object for a lockon, it happens alot.

also try setting motion control sensitivity to the highest.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lakbay posted:

Without motion controls if you rotate the left stick in a circle immediately after you throw Cappy it'll do the spin throw. I can't do it regularly but it's there

doing it before you throw it is way easier.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

anyone got all the moons yet? wondering if we get a similar "you have too much time on your hands" botw type prize or something even better.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Game is dark as gently caress. Made it to metro city and i went into the cap store and the yellow cap clerk sounds like he is saying "i just want to die" :stare:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

just... just got the kingdom... the-the one after luncheon. :suspense: :suspense: :suspense:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Frankston posted:

Boos...

are real?

:eyepop:

looks like swamp gas to me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

just beat it. i am currently having a seizure.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

loving music player holy poo poo. steam gardens 24/7.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fortis posted:

I just realized that (endgame) Bowser didn't even invite his own son to his wedding. Pretty hosed up imho

nope. because. you ready for this?

odyssey bowser is grown up bowser jr. mario is grown up baby mario (from mario kart 8). SMB1 (nes) mario is an prehistoric ancestor of odyssey mario (8bit fossils in cascade). smb2 is a dream. smb3 is a stage play. mario world is baby mario from mario world 2 whose last adventure is sm64. sunshines are the sons and daughters of sm64 and is a the dying dream of a wasted life. galaxy is another set of kids who have kids themselves who play karting all day who then grow up to become odyssey characters.

new donk city pauline is the descendant of dk pauline (she doesn't recognize odyssey mario when he shows up in NDC)

now dk himself, we all know, from the original dk is cranky kong and DKC is DK jr grown up. but wait...

the lost kingdom. the blast barrel sign. the map for that kingdom mentions it originated there from ancient times.

the lost kingdom is the dk isles. utterly destroyed by the ravages of time and the waters poisoned by the sinking of the k. rool's island in dkc2. this happened 1000s of years ago.

they are dead. the kongs. donkey, diddy, dixie, chunky, cranky, candy, funky, tiny, lanky, the dapper one. all of them died 1000s of years ago.

but yeah thats why hes not there.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 29, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is there any story or reasoning for why you do post game stuff? I can’t phrase this question perfectly, but once the game is beaten, are you essentially only playing to get 100%?

yep, there is story and reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

I would've absolutely lost my poo poo, moreso than the glee I already felt, if (post-game) Peach's Castle had been a 1:1 replica of Mario 64 with bonus areas or the boss rematches placed where all the levels are.

this is what i expected only the full levels too. should have been this, its only fitting to expect it from Super Mario 256. maybe in Super Mario 512...

• Locked thread