Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I wish streaming and speedrunning had been more prevalent when I was younger.

I find watching people speedrun to be boring as hell, but actually doing that stuff myself is fascinating. I've just not got the time any more to actually dedicate myself to it.
You gotta find one with good narration!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmqJl4MoNI

Speedrunning is cool, it takes a crazy amount of motor control and reaction time and it makes old games interesting again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
But what's the point??

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Jesus, 2 hours of some guy mispronouncing Mario. How do people even get his name wrong he says his own name in almost every game since '64.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Yeah he makes decent points even if he is being a little contrarian. I do agree with what he says about how the moon gating punishes you for exploring early.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
He's a good critic in that his voice is consistent but MAN he is no fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah I saw someone else say the tech demo thing and it feels apt to me. This game is lacking in a sort of overall coherence of design and character that other 3d Marios had.
It does have more of a "theme park" vibe but that to me isn't a mark against it. For comparison, mario 64 did feel more coherent feel overall with peach's castle being the hub.

• Locked thread