Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven’t been this hyped for a game since Mario XCOM. The Switch is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kurtofan posted:

Famitsu gave it 39/40

The one point is only because the game is so good it’ll negatively impact the other aspects of your life and ruin all other games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You end up possessing THE MOON and crash it against mushroom kingdom.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not finding all the purple coins bothers me more than not finding all the moons since it seems there are more you can only snag later on.

But seriously I’m like 4 coin shorts in hat land and 3 in cascade and I’m going g mad trying to find them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So how far into the game does Mario end up in the Bloodborne world? I’m curious to see if this game ends up being the Dark Souls of Mario games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I keep thinking I can teleport to where I throw my hat like in FF15 and loving up my jumps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:chloe:

Ok I’ll bite. Super Mario is not an action game that should have a high skill ceiling.

We’ve already established that SMO is the Dark Souls of Mario games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys I can't stop playing this game what do I do

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you fall asleep on New Donk City sometimes a pigeon lands on your nose.

GOTY.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't believe Mario is in the same universe as Dark Souls.

I just reached Crumbled Kingdom and holy poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Futaba Anzu posted:

heh, 27 second? u are like baby

watch this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivw1jp2fLHQ

Apparently this isn’t even a top 20 run for the course.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

(Post-game) Reaching Mushroom Kingdom and making my way to the top of the castle and having Yoshi actually be there was loving amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Larryb posted:

And if not, who does the second player control if you play 2P mode?

Cappy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RCarr posted:

This disgusts me.

That upward throw at the end is loving sick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can't get the hang of these RC Car controls at all. I can't get the one timer challenge for the star to save my life.

I found them easier to control if I just went full speed with them. Trying to slow down for turns and poo poo just messed me up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well I just hosed up in Wooded Kingdom. I’m at 99/100 coins :suicide:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

alf_pogs posted:

grounded DLC time: i will literally throw money at whatever you put out for this wonderful game

:yeah:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

First attempt at jump rope ended at 69. I’m never trying again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m at 92 coins on Metro Kingdom and I have no loving clue where the remaining ones could be. I feel I’ve search every building and puzzle room twice now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Best place to farm coins? Could like to do Darker in Skeleton as intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzM_xpifULA

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys. I loving HATE darker side.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hey y’all just want to say the 2D bullet bill star in mushroom kingdom is loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Morby posted:

Are you talking about the section where it’s kinda bullet hell and you can “fall out” of 2D if you don’t let the background finish scrolling? I got that moon, but can’t figure out the upside down part. I’m usually so shocked I get that far that I lose my cool.

Yes. It’s bullshit.

• Locked thread