Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Pug Rodeo posted:

Never did I think at 34 I’d still have to decide between going to Halloween parties and playing Mario.

I don't see why you can't do both. The Switch... perfect for Halloween parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Went back a few pages and didn't see this mentioned yet: this game is good

(the 2D Donkey Kong section is my favorite thing so far)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

andipossess posted:

My strategy for this was to walk up slowly then pause whenever it jumps. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out how to even get close.

I just crouch-walked and waddled right up until I was within hat throwing distance, got it first try like that.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Got to 94 jumps and my cat jumped my lap and made me shake the joy con. :(

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Pug Rodeo posted:

Yeah I would stop worrying about moons and just go through each kingdom as it unlocks. Moon cleanup is for end game since you’ll have to revisit the kingdoms anyway to get all the NEW moons that pop up.

Even before getting to the post game, portals and hint art will send you back and forth between levels anyway.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Dirk the Average posted:

If you talk to the hint toad or the parrot, they'll tell you they're out of hints if you cannot get any more moons yet. They update as new moons are added.

Not sure this is totally accurate, at least for the hint toad. He told me he didn't have any more hints for me when I only had 7/10 moons in the Ruined Kingdom.

e: spoilered the kingdom name just to be safe

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 7, 2017

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Re: that 6-heart - I couldn't find it either until I realized you had to hold Y to spin your cap on the stem for a few seconds

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

Are you guys using third-party stuff to record videos? Like, I know the system lets me take screenshots, but am I missing a small-video feature?

Hold down the screenshot button for a second or two and it records the last 30 seconds of gameplay.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

Oh, thanks.

Also, I know this has been discussed because I thought I had screenshotted the post, but where is the 6-heart thing that is supposedly in the Broodal gauntlet? I'm down to one health through two of them.

Facing the power line that leads to the Broodal area, it's on your right on one of the horizontal pumpkin stems. You have to spin cappy on it for a second.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
There is at least one other eel section too.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Alxprit posted:

The 2D area in a certain well made me die several times in a row.

Yeah me too, and I've died even more times just trying to get the first moon in there above the bullet bills. :mad:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Kaubocks posted:

i haven't felt the need to look these up yet but i've broken the 800 moon barrier and i beat darker side last night so i'm running out of things to do before going back to new donk city and scouring it for the umpteenth time

That’s because the painting to Cascade Kingdom is in Snow Kingdom

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Ah didn’t realize that! Possibly ignore my last post then.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I’d be down for some DLC that just added more challenge areas, like maybe a small new world that’s just a hub for challenges. Maybe some new hint art or something too. And outfits. I agree that I’d rather have whole new worlds saved for a sequel.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Taear posted:

I've still got three things that show as ? in the possession menu. One of them is after the meat from Luncheon Kingdom. Anyone know what it might be? It seems strange to have done everything but still be missing a few.

Have you gotten all the moons? There are a couple I missed the first time around because they are :ssh: objects instead of enemies

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm struggling to figure out how the move quick enough to get the scarecrow star near the Goomba Woods. I've been trying a combo of long jumping and rolling down hills but it's never fast enough. I feel like there is a move I don't know about.

Hint: find something to ride

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Wildtortilla posted:

I've seen screenshots of a T Rex chasing Mario through the city but I haven't seen that yet. I only have 443 moons so maybe it's going to happen later? Or maybe I'm bad at exploring New Donk City?

Took me a long time to find this one too, and it’s not even hidden or anything, it’s just a door at ground level.

• Locked thread