Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I got Atop the Jutting Crag moon in Luncheon Kingdom with a Hammer Bro and a cap Jump, but apparently the actual way to get it is jump out of a Podaboo after using one of those Podaboo cannons. I love movement Mario's movement options.

Something else I love final boss spoilers I was surprised and love how mobile Bowser is when you control him just blasting through all of that moon rock. I hope he gets a DLC or a game he felt real good to control.

I liked doing the triple jump where he'd triumphantly raise his fist into the air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
How in the poo poo do I get the (last non post game world) ufo by the chapel? I read online that you're supposed to let it fly away, pan around in first person mode then grab it when it respawns next to you but even when I'm riiiiiight next to it it dashes away when I move or throw my hat. Landing on it from above as a frog doesn't work either.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Or if that's not the issue, what worked for me is, starting at 40 or so, pretend it's a rhythm game where you press jump when they yell "hey" or whatever it is.

I can play iidx, the most obsessive spergy niche of rhythm games, at a reasonably decent level and even just listening for audio cues I can not for the life of me get past 47 jumps in this game designed for all audiences

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah I saw someone else say the tech demo thing and it feels apt to me. This game is lacking in a sort of overall coherence of design and character that other 3d Marios had.

The Bloop posted:

Cappy is with you throughout and traveling to the different lands and getting travel brochures while chasing Wedding Planner Bowser.. I really don't see your complaint.

I can understand a preference for stage linearity, but many of the galaxies in the Galaxy games were at least as disjointed as the lands of Odyssey.

Maybe it's the capture thing? Mario Galaxy had a bunch of disjointed worlds but aside from the bee suit and ghost Mario the powerups were pretty consistent. In all the Mario games you go to Ice World and Lava World and Spooky world etc, all different sorts of locales but you still have the same powerups and no matter where you go you still turn into Super Mario or Fire Mario or Raccoon Mario. In Odyssey the capture mechanic replaces the powerups so instead you have Dinosaur Mario in the prehistoric stage, Cheep Cheep Mario in the water stage, etc. There are still always Goombas and stuff but the fact that the world aesthetic ties so heavily into the actual gameplay this time with the transformations might be a part of that feeling of being all over the place.

• Locked thread