Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Very last level spoiler vid:

https://twitter.com/pwnens/status/928133037434347520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can actually poke into the rock at the end, not just the white board. Gave me some more leeway when I found that out.

That's good to know! I did get it like 2 or 3 attempts later since I had the rest of the stage mostly down by that point. I got through that section with one heart left, which made the DK 8-bit section super tense.

It would also have been nice to know (next to last level) about the hidden 6-life heart before the boss rush, but I got through without it.

I really thought the difficulty was perfect across the game. It's easy to beat, then some moderately challenging things in the main stages, and the post game is all endurance mastery tests.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Do I have to waggle? I don't like waggling and swore it off after my Wii obsession from a decade ago.

Waggling makes some moons easier but I think there's always a way around it. There's a couple where you'd be pretty crazy not to just waggle.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

Me too. I was expecting at least some very slightly different cutscene, like maybe one where princess Peach is actually excited about being rescued or something.

And yes I know that doing something nice for a girl is not an automatic ticket into her pants, but in this game it really seemed out of character for Peach to basically tell Mario to go gently caress himself, Modern Independent Woman style, in almost the same breath as one that started out as her shrieking
for him to rescue her from kidnapping and implied sex slavery.

In other words, it would have been nice to see Mario punch Bowser into orbit or something, and then merrily skip back to the ship with Peach skipping alongside him or something, then they sail off into the sunset back to Earth. Just anything different enough to ensure me that I jumped in the right painting would’ve been fine, really.

Source your quotes

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Astro7x posted:

I am in the process of methodically clearly every kingdom with 100% of the moons. It is kind of crazy how much stuff I missed, and I've had to look a handful up. Now the gently caress am I supposed to know to do some of these things? For example, one that I couldn't find in the wooded kingdom involved going to the underground area, getting the frog thing, and then pumping like 1,000 coins into that flower. Where is the precedent that makes you even think that is possible?

In Japanese, that moon is called something more like a treasure grown from coins. I would consider that a (minor) localization error.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

There was no way I could watch this for two hours but I stopped when he pronounced it "mare-io bros"

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Here’s an easy trick to doing the jump rope without the moped: hit the jump button. Repeat until you have two moons

1. Be in middle school when Super Mario RPG comes out.
2. Get the 100 super jumps.
3. Your wasted childhood will let you get the jump rope on the second try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I had a lot of trouble remaining focused long enough to finish the volleyball. That was easily my least favorite part.

• Locked thread