Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

thread option: cursed, or less cursed than a more normal 40% layout?

I kinda want that $40 47-key lol

are the black keycaps intentionally laid out like that to look like ESR's weird nerd logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I rebound the keys on my kinesis:

Original Kinesis thumb buttons:
[Back Space] [Delete] ------- [Enter] [Space]

Mine:
[Space] [Back Space] ------ [Delete] [Enter]

Here's why this is better: you use your left hand to delete characters to the left of your cursor, and then you use your right hand to delete characters to the right of your cursor. This also optimizes the most frequently used keys to my good hand, and reduces overall reach for the most commonly pressed buttons.

i swapped delete and tab on the original kinesis layout. i hardly ever use delete but i'm autocompleting and indenting like a maniac

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

well i found out why there are hardly any replacement keycap sets for the kinesis advantage lol

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

haha that is literally the exact keycap set i'm typing on right now. they used to sell the kinesis advantage 2 with those keycaps straight from the factory but i guess they discontinued that SKU? https://www.ergodirect.com/18612-kinesis-kb600qd-advantage2-qd-ergonomic-keyboard.html

problem is they're ABS and not PBT

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

anyone tried the moergo glove80?

looks like they use low profile kailh choc v1 (red, red pro, white, brown). what do folks think about those switch types

i'm reading that kailh choc v1 whites don't necessarily match up between the clicking mechanism and the actuation mechanism and that the browns are kinda scratchy? are the reds any good?