Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

burning swine posted:

not mine, but I ordered that set from massdrop fuckin' years ago and it looks like it's finally getting ready to ship

that's really pretty

hey, this is probably the right place to ask: where should I be looking if I want modern keyboard quality but some kind of grotesquely 1980s depravity? looks like my boss is going to walk over with his coffee and cigarette and be annoyed that I don't have an ashtray, maybe has a billion keys, and when the keys light up it either means there's a soviet missile launch or there's so much smog all our stuff broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Kvantum posted:

You're probably looking for a Hyper 7. https://mechboards.co.uk/products/hyper-7-v4

$500 USD for a 173% abomination of an aircraft carrier (the class of keyboards even larger than so-called "battleships" that have more than 108 keys.)

oh, jesus. on one hand, yes, I am. on the other, I can in no way justify $500 on that.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

man, some of those are really nice. I might have jumped on the keychron already (buying from Amazon or somewhere else) if it were backlit

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Kvantum posted:

Both the Q3 pro and the normal Q3 have RGB backlighting, with south facing LEDs. It's just that they don't include shine though caps for them.

oh poo poo

gotta find some 80s style clunky ugly (but not actually ugly) shinethroughs, and I guess a numpad to put on the left to fulfill my desire for BUTTONS

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 18, 2023

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

thread option: cursed, or less cursed than a more normal 40% layout?

I kinda want that $40 47-key lol

please inform whoever did this that they will not see heaven