Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
A few weeks ago I pre-ordered a nuphy gem80 solely based on the length of ad copy on the product page and the inclusion of videos depicting the typing sounds. It came in the other day and it's been everything I imagine I might have hoped it would be, had I actually read that product page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Empty Pockets posted:

A few weeks ago I pre-ordered a nuphy gem80

update: one discord spelunking trip and 3 day firmware update later, this keyboard mostly performs the function of accepting my keypresses and accurately relaying them to the computer. mostly.

6/10 I brought this upon myself and do enjoy the weightiness + typing sounds. I had to bring out my old filco while I was doing the update (3 literal days to wipe + write the firmware memory page by page) and it felt like a cheap toy in comparison.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Generic Monk posted:

https://nuphy.com/products/gem80

I think someone in this thread bought this - how is it? There's quite a few comments about reliability/debouncing issues but I find the brown/beige colour scheme so stunning I might pull the trigger regardless. Fukin love beige keyboards for some reason

See my recent reply for the details but debounce was a pretty big issue. Updated firmware is semi-available and also there’s a 3rd party fw that people seem to like that each solved the issue. I really like the build quality and overall do not regret my purchase.

I too went for the beige/brown and am now dutifully griming it up with tobacco smoke + ashes for full authenticity.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

where’s the fun in that?

the 5th row

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
keychron’s not bad, I had a K6. My only issue was the lighting seemed to revert to max rainbow every now and then which was kinda distracting.